Senior Product Manager, Algorithms and Data Science at Expedia Group
The Expedia Marketing Data Science team is building next generation algorithms which drive revenue for the growing multi-brand business that enables millions to plan, shop and book travel. This team takes pride in having a direct impact on the top and bottom line, and seeks to continuously optimize bidding strategies and campaigns utilizing a test and learn mindset.
We are seeking a Technical Product Manager to lead our data science/machine learning efforts. You will have solid analytical abilities and technical know-how enabling them to deliver processes and tools to optimize our bidding strategies and drive growth. In this role you will own and drive the marketing data science life cycle including all aspects of the delivery and test process. You will work with data scientists, product management, business partners, engineering teams, and leadership teams across the organization to ensure timely project delivery. You will work in an agile framework and help improve the process continuously. You will also have opportunities to influence people and teams in the larger organization as part of your collaborative effort to deliver data science projects. You have strong drive, attention to detail, a collaborative work style, and flexibility to adapt to new situations.What you will do:
- Work closely with data scientists, leadership, account managers, and product teams to define roadmap and strategy to meet and exceed business goals
- Collaborate with data scientists, account managers and engineers to define and deliver on growth opportunities to optimize traffic
- Take ownership in driving new algorithm development through every stage of the lifecycle
- Partner with engineering to identify and handle platform and tool dependencies
- Communicate program status, metrics, and goals regularly and clearly with internal partners
- Effectively lead trade-offs between cost, schedule and customer benefits
- Define, drive, measure and continuously improve algorithm development processes to raise team efficiency
- You have a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a quantitative field, such as Economics, Statistics, Engineering, or Applied Mathematics
2+ years of experience working with machine learning engineers, data scientists, or products infused with data science and AI
- 5+ years of technical product or program management in a technology organization (preferably ecommerce).You will have direct experience in travel, online marketing, e-commerce, or equivalent role with an analytical bent
- You possess experience in data driven decision-making and multivariate testing to drive conversion
- Strong quantitative, analytical and problem solving skills, combined with a high level of initiative and ability to thrive in a multi-tasking, fast-paced environment
- You have experience working with SQL/python/spark
- A high degree of competency with project management including: project planning, issue and risk identification and management, tracking dependencies and breakthroughs, and communication of overall project status.
- You demonstrate a consistent record of delivering with aggressive project timelines and with high quality
- Recognized ability to work cross functionally to drive the implementation of new features as well as resolve operational issues
- Experience in Agile development process (Kanban, Scrum)
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you desire to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and participate in the dynamic and ever-evolving travel industry, consider Expedia.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.