Senior Product Manager, App Ecosystem at Smartsheet
As the world’s leading SaaS platform for managing and automating collaborative work, Smartsheet is the best way for businesses to plan, collect, track, automate, and report on work, enabling them move from idea to impact fast. Over 100,000 customers, and millions of information workers, trust Smartsheet to help them accelerate business execution, enhance collaboration and visibility, and empower individuals.
Smartsheet, our customers and partners are creating amazing enhancements to Smartsheet in a diverse set of industries like Retail, Healthcare, Technology, and Professional Services. We are looking for an experienced and entrepreneurial Product Manager who is customer focused and excited to define and improve our developer platform capability.
You'll work with a talented team of developers, other product managers, and our partners to understand the needs of the market and how to deliver on our strategy. You will participate in strategic planning, customer discovery, roadmap definition, sprint planning, user stories, documentation, and partner relations.
This position will report to the Director of Product Management and will be located in our Bellevue, WA headquarters.
- Thousands of customers and partners rely on Smartsheet's services and APIs for developing business critical applications for their own customers and end-users. Creating a good developer experience and making our developer program a world class is key to our vision.
- We're looking for a product manager to own the end-to-end experience for developers. That means everything from building new APIs, SDKs to making documentation delightful to lowering friction in emails. We're seeking someone who feels empathy for the developer persona and advocates for great developer experience. Come join a team building the future of collaborative work management!
- You are an innovative thinker and part builder, part marketer. This is a critical role with high external interactions with partners and customers. Your primary responsibility will be to define the vision and enable Smartsheet as a API platform to empower our partners and customers to build, package, and upgrade products built on Smartsheet.
- You will have prior experience bringing products to market and can drive prioritization decisions to define core requirements. You will have experience delivering technology SaaS products in a high growth environment where priorities shift fast and customer feedback shapes our vision.
- Your success will be measured on improvements to critical success metrics, your ability to drive initiatives from concept through completion, ability to deep dive into problems and recommend solutions, and your collaboration skills working with customers, partners and colleagues.
- Ability to listen to and empathize with third-party developers implementing our API and SDK, identify problems, and propose creative solutions
- Successful track record in launching products to market, driving initiatives and features, from whiteboard to production
- Understanding of building externally consumed RESTFul APIs
- Experience using developer tools for API/SDK demo purposes
- Own the roadmap and design-build-adoption lifecycle of your product area
- Assess opportunity, project feasibility, approach, and scope
- Define detailed product requirements
- Make trade-offs in market fit, usability, cost, and performance
- Create and track metrics to define the success of your product area and build data-based recommendation and decisions
- Drive initiatives through to completion, providing detailed progress metrics during build and thorough, insightful analysis of results post-launch
- Represent your product to partners, customers, and executive leadership and be the overall business owner of the product
We are looking for great teammates who are driven, dedicated, passionate about the space, our business, and the opportunity. Preferably, you will have:
- 5+ years of product management experience for a software product, B2B or B2C cloud experience strongly preferred
- 5+ years of experience as a product owner on agile development teams
- Demonstrated ability to turn high level ideas and requirements into technical specifications and product architecture design documents
- Experience working with UX and engineering teams; deep commitment to customers and team collaboration
- "Roll-up-your-sleeves" entrepreneurial, startup attitude, plus passionate drive and extraordinary ability to communicate with customers, colleagues, and executives
- Experience owning & delivering high-impact software products from inception to launch
- Ability to understand, evaluate and discuss technical areas
- Experience with data analytics/modeling/SQL/BI reporting
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer science, Engineering, or other technical degree required
- Extra points for experience in building SDKs and APIs
- Extra points for experience in creating documentation for external developers or partners
Smartsheet is a rapidly growing SaaS company with over 95,000 customers across the globe, aiming to change the way businesses manage their work and collaborate. Smartsheet’s online application combines the ease of use of a spreadsheet with collaborative file sharing and discussions, visual timeline management and automated workflow capabilities. It’s used to manage diverse types of work including projects, programs and core business operations.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.