Senior Product Manager, Billing & Payments at Convoy
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:08 a.m. (PST) on Tuesday, March 23, 2021
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.
A major challenge facing trucking companies is ensuring prompt and accurate payments for services. This often involves managing large volumes of paper documents, while following up with brokers and customers. This leads to resorting to high-cost factoring options to manage working capital. On the other hand, customers have exacting requirements to document orders, track line-item approvals, and follow specific procedures in order to optimize the accounts receivable process. Through our marketplace, we have the ability to dramatically improve the experiences and financial outcomes for both our shippers and our carriers!
As the Product Manager for Billing and Payments, you will own Convoy’s strategy, approach, and product roadmap for how we provide payment services to our Carriers, as well as manage collections from our customers. Internally, you will own the systems that facilitate our core financial and accounting processes which need to scale and harden as Convoy continues to grow. To achieve your objectives, you will lead across engineers, data scientists, design, customer ops and partner closely with accounting controllers and finance operations.
- Strategy: You will identify the key strategy questions and drive to resolution and alignment with stakeholders.
- Roadmap & Features: You will own the product roadmap for part of Convoy, specifically our Finance Products. We organize the team, so you get clear accountability for a large area.
- Metrics & Experimentation: You will define the metrics, goals and measure experimentation.
- Technology Implementation: You will own the RFP and evaluation process for a scalable enterprise accounting system.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 5+ years of proven success in Product Management.
- Experience working with technical and research teams.
- High degree of statistical literacy and ability to think quantitatively.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Finance/Accounting background or experience with payment products businesses is preferredFamiliarity with 3rd party financial applications (Oracle OFA, NetSuite, Intacct, or similar) is preferred
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!