Senior Product Manager, On-Demand Pet Owner Experience at Rover
Sorry, this job was removed at 1:59 p.m. (PST) on Monday, April 1, 2019
Who we are:
Rover.com connects pet parents with the nation’s largest network of pet sitters and dog walkers. On Rover, pet parents can easily discover, book, and manage personalized care for their dogs including pet sitting, dog walking, and doggy day care. Founded in 2011 on the belief that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the unconditional love of a dog, Rover improves and simplifies life for pet parents and the dogs they love.
We're headquartered in downtown Seattle. We're an agile, fast-growing startup, and our leadership comes from some of the country's most respected tech companies. Our Senior Leadership team has been recognized by Forbes, Seattle Business, and Geekwire. For the past three years we have been nominated as one of Seattle's "Best Places to Work" by Seattle Business Magazine, and celebrated awards in 2016 and 2017 by Seattle Met magazine and the Puget Sound Business Journal. We're also the recipient of World’s Most Dog-Friendly Offices in 2016 by Inc.com. Needless to say (but we're going to say it anyway)—we love dogs, and we wouldn't dream of going to work without them by our sides.
Who we’re looking for:
Rover Now, Rover’s assignment-based consumer marketplace, lets owners and pet care providers connect with a single touch. We’re looking for an experienced Product Manager to help take our products for pet owners to the next level.
The Rover Now Owner Experience Product Manager is responsible for the initial conversion and ongoing retention of pet owners in our marketplace. As an internal expert on our owners, you’ll have a deep understanding of their needs and empathy for their concerns. Your experience in A/B testing, funnel optimization, and hypothesis-driven design will help us deliver against ambitious business goals; your expertise in mobile first businesses and innovative approach will help craft our mid- to long term product strategy. You’ll partner closely with dedicated resources in Engineering, Design, Analytics and Data Science, along with owner-focused Operations teams across the organization to deliver products that make the lives of our pet owners better every day.
This role will focus on three things
1. Optimizing the owner acquisition funnel for Rover Now
2. Executing initiatives and developing features to drive owner engagement and retention
3. Defining a framework for identifying and measuring owner segments, and recommending and testing acquisition programs focused on growing key segments
- 5+ years of Product Management experience, 8+ years of tech industry experience.
- Demonstrated ability working collaboratively with technical and non-technical team members up to and including the executive-level.
- Strong product design sense and a deep understanding of user experience challenges. Demonstrated ability creating simple, elegant solutions to complex product needs.
- Experience developing products/services delivered primarily through mobile apps, including ownership and optimization of business performance metrics.
- Passion for measuring and driving customer engagement and retention.
- Ability to contribute to technical discussions spanning all levels of abstraction for the systems you'll be building.
- Excellent written, oral, and visual communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Comfortable with data analytics and visualization tools.
- Familiarity with marketplaces and trends in the “sharing economy”.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
Why We'll Hire You
- You know what it takes to deliver experiences on mobile apps that drive new customers and keep them engaged for the long haul.
- You know how to test your way into product improvements effectively and efficiently.
- You can quickly figure out what data you need, how to get it, analyze it, and whip it into an insightful story to inform decisions and drive growth.
- Above all, you seek the truth. You know your market, customers and competition better than anyone, and you excel at integrating this information into your strategies.
- You’re biased toward action, a great collaborator, and master disambiguator/simplifier.
- You’re innovative, eager to have your assumptions challenged, and able to quickly evolve your thinking based on new information.
- You're scary-good at articulating the essence of products and the value they create.
- You can develop clear messaging and an effective content strategy plan. Sometimes, you may even play copywriter.
- You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on, you persevere when others fall away.
- You have a true passion for Rover’s mission and values.
Benefits of Working at Rover.com:
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- 4 weeks paid time off
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs)
- Free catered lunches semi-monthly
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more
- 50 free dog walks a year
Rover embraces diversity and opposes discrimination. This position is based at Rover HQ in Downtown Seattle. Candidates must be eligible to work in the US.
Read Full Job Description