We are Mythical Games. A Venture-backed next-generation game technology company at the intersection of video games and economics led by industry veterans. Our goal is to lead the industry with the launch of exceptional video game experiences that leverage distributed ledger technology, while also providing a platform of robust tools that will allow any other game developers to do the same.
We are currently looking for a talented Senior Product Manager - Game Economy to join our growing Blankos team here at Mythical Games. In this role, you will own the in-game economy and will collaborate closely with Product Managers, Game Designers, and analysts to devise the strategy for Blanko’s content, feature releases and season drops. You will be the point of contact and expert on the game economy, including features, live operations, and pricing. This role will report to our Chief Product Officer and will be based out of our Seattle office.
Our Seattle office is located in the heart of quirky, creative Ballard. When we’re not making awesome games, we’re out sampling the delicious food Ballard has to offer; we’re sipping coffee (or tea) at our favorite coffee shops, or we’re engrossed in epic table-top battles at Cafe Mox. We’re passionate about creating a tight-knit work environment that feels like you’re hanging out with your friends.
- Define, design, and manage economic features that create a fun player experience, further the strategic vision of the product, and drive increased player engagement and monetization.
- Design, balance, and optimize in-game economies. Balancing creative input, with quantitative data.
- Define requirements for A/B testing based on different user segments, analyze the results, and make design recommendations based on these results.
- Create flexible systems and data structures to allow for rapid iteration.
- Analyze the many facets of the game economy, player engagement, retention, and monetization data at a macro and micro level. Report on performance, identify issues and opportunities and suggest ways to optimize.
- Keep up to date with market trends and do the proactive analysis of economy tuning in relevant competitive products.
- 5+ years of game design experience with 3+ years focus on economy design in the Free to Play gaming space.
- Understanding of Blockchain technology, and it’s potential applications in a secondary marketplace.
- Collaborative and excels in communicating with designers, product managers, and executives.
- Ability to model and simulate planned changes, anticipating downstream effects, and making adjustments before releasing changes.
- Detail-oriented and capable of providing specific solutions at each step of the process.
Read Full Job Description