Convoy, one of the fastest growing startups in the U.S., is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to fundamentally change the way freight moves across America and beyond for the better.
We are passionate about thinking big and solving really complex problems to make the lives of truck drivers, shippers and other people in the freight industry easier through our innovation and technology. There will always be a better, more efficient way to transport goods, and we won’t ever stop inventing it.
Founded in 2015, we’re a mission-driven, well-funded, fast-growing startup, backed by world-class investors, including CapitalG (Google’s growth equity investment fund), Greylock, YCombinator, and leading industry disruptors, including the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, LinkedIn, Expedia, Dropbox, KKR, Starbucks, and others. We were named one of Washington State’s top places to work as well as a LinkedIn Top Startup, and we were the recipient of the GeekWire Next Tech Titan award in 2018.
What you'll be doing:
Load Execution represents the experience for Shippers, Carriers and Drivers, and our internal Operators while a shipment is being picked up and delivered.
In your role, you will build new systems for improving and simplifying the experience for all parties involved in the process of picking up and delivering a shipment. You will also be responsible for creating new features and experiences that do not exist in the industry today. To achieve this, you will build software systems and workflows, both in our mobile app and desktop products, for executing the shipment and quickly managing exceptions when they occur. This will require a data-driven mindset and a willingness to be hands on to identify problems and create solutions our customers will love. You will meet shippers, operators, carriers and drivers in person, deeply understand their problems, and use that to create or enhance Convoy’s offerings. Additionally, you will work closely with internal Business and Technical teams.
You will own strategy, roadmap, and execution of this effort to directly impact Convoy's business outcomes. To help you succeed, you will lead engineers, data scientists and others who will be embedded in your team.
You will have ownership of:
- Strategy: You will identify the key strategy questions and drive alignment and resolution with stakeholders.
- Roadmap & Features: You will own the product roadmap for our contract systems.
- Metrics & Experimentation: You will define metrics and goals to drive progress across the team in terms of day to day business as well as experiments. You will work closely with Data Scientists to deep dive and optimize shipment execution and exception management.
- Cross functional partnership: You will work closely with our Operations, Marketplace, Business Operations and other Product teams to identify near term and long term innovations.
You have the following skills and experience:
- Experience building scalable mobile and desktop products
- Experience building products focused on operations
- Proven track record of owning a product roadmap through multiple iterations
- Proven track record of leadership and influence without authority beyond your immediate team
- Experience working backwards from customer needs, especially those of B2B customers, to systems, user interfaces and workflows
- Experience writing specs that are easily consumed by engineering and partner teams
- Experience defining metrics and running experiments
- Engineers and data scientists/analysts are core partners in past roles
Candidates must be eligible to work at Convoy HQ in Seattle.
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we are actively seeking a diverse team. If you are a collaborative teammate who wants to have an outsized impact with a small, tight-knit team, we'd love to hear from you.