Senior Product Manager, Load Execution at Convoy
Sorry, this job was removed at 9:42 a.m. (PST) on Saturday, September 19, 2020
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.
Load Execution represents the experience for Shippers, Carriers and Drivers, and our internal Operators while a shipment is being picked up and delivered.
In your role, you will build new systems for improving and simplifying the experience for all parties involved in the process of picking up and delivering a shipment. You will also be responsible for creating new features and experiences that do not exist in the industry today. To achieve this, you will build software systems and workflows, both in our mobile app and desktop products, for executing the shipment and quickly managing exceptions when they occur. This will require a data-driven mindset and a willingness to be hands on to identify problems and create solutions our customers will love. You will meet shippers, operators, carriers and drivers in person, deeply understand their problems, and use that to create or enhance Convoy’s offerings. Additionally, you will work closely with internal Business and Technical teams.
You will own strategy, roadmap, and execution of this effort to directly impact Convoy's business outcomes. To help you succeed, you will lead engineers, data scientists and others who will be embedded in your team.
- Identify the key strategy questions and drive alignment and resolution with stakeholders
- Own the product roadmap for our contract systems
- Metrics & Experimentation: You will dDas experiments. You will work closely with Data Scientists to deep dive and optimize shipment execution and exception management
- Work closely with our Operations, Marketplace, Business Operations and other Product teams to identify near term and long term innovations
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Experience building scalable mobile and desktop products
- Experience building products focused on operations
- Proven track record of owning a product roadmap through multiple iterations
- Proven track record of management and influence without authority beyond your immediate team
- Experience working backwards from customer needs, especially those of B2B customers, to systems, user interfaces and workflows
- Experience writing specs that are easily consumed by engineering and partner teams
- Experience defining metrics and running experiments
- Engineers and data scientists/analysts are core partners in past roles
Candidates must be eligible to work at Convoy HQ in Seattle.
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we are actively seeking a diverse team. If you are a collaborative teammate who wants to have an outsized impact with a small, tight-knit team, we'd love to hear from you.