Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with the state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of the police record so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
Our Digital Evidence Management team is seeking a talented Product Manager who has a track record of defining and executing complex software deliverables while working with very cross-functional teams. In this role you’ll have the opportunity to deliver highly visible results and make a direct impact on the useability of our system. Your primary area of ownership will revolve around user research and translating key data points into actionable intelligence software squads will rely on as they build workflows and system features for deployment to our customers.
The highly collaborative nature of this work will enable you to establish partnerships with Product Managers, Technical Program Managers, Product Designers, Engineers and our go-to-market teams in the pursuit of delivering a high-quality, enterprise-ready system. As we continue to rapidly grow and scale, you’ll be uniquely positioned at the nexus of where product feedback and the build comes together facilitating new product deployment to beta users. These user populations are expanding across the entire country and your ability to prioritize feedback, plan updates and contribute to system readiness will be essential to the team’s success.
- Direct and guide the software product vision; communicate to the cross-functional team and evolve it based on interactions with customers as the solution is developed
- Create needle-moving product roadmaps aligned with business goals by synthesizing data from many inputs including customer success teams and consumer tech trends
- Partner closely with engineering teams to balance scope, functionality, performance, and time to market
- Creatively generate solutions to a wide range of technical, workflow, and business problems
- Make data driven decisions by gathering quantitative and qualitative data from market and end users, when possible and fall back on well supported intuition when data is not available
- Problem solve within constraints that truly exist and break through constraints that don’t actually exist
- Operate with autonomy while proactively reducing ambiguity for your team and your cross-functional peers
- Set performance metrics for the most important functions of the products and work with team to measure and achieve them
Required Professional Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field
- 5+ years relevant software Product Management experience ideally shipping complex, multi product/system solutions with IoT devices, SaaS components, and mobile apps
- Experience solving complex user interaction problems on small form factors with creative solutions
- Familiarity with Apple’s Human Interface Guidelines and Google’s Android Design Guides
- Direct experience working with engineers to balance scope, time to market, and functionality, constantly making trade-offs using qualitative, quantitative, and absent data
- Excellent problem-solving skills, well-structured written and verbal communication
- Proven track record of delivering successful products that achieve key business outcomes
- Ability to bring anyone’s ideas to life as if they were your own
- Flexibility to travel domestically and internationally when necessary (15%) as State and Federal guidelines establish confirm it’s safe to do so
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Read Full Job Description