Who we are:
Rover.com connects pet parents with the nation’s largest network of pet sitters and dog walkers. On Rover, pet parents can easily discover, book, and manage personalized care for their dogs including pet sitting, dog walking, and doggy day care. Founded in 2011 on the belief that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the unconditional love of a dog, Rover improves and simplifies life for pet parents and the dogs they love.
We're headquartered in downtown Seattle. We're an agile, fast-growing startup, and our leadership comes from some of the country's most respected tech companies. Our Senior Leadership team has been recognized by Forbes, Seattle Business, and Geekwire. For the past three years we have been nominated as one of Seattle's "Best Places to Work" by Seattle Business Magazine, and celebrated awards in 2016 and 2017 by Seattle Met magazine and the Puget Sound Business Journal. We're also the recipient of World’s Most Dog-Friendly Offices in 2016 by Inc.com. Needless to say (but we're going to say it anyway)—we love dogs, and we wouldn't dream of going to work without them by our sides.
Who we’re looking for:
As Senior Product Manager, Pet Owners, you are Rover’s strategic leader for all things impacting the demand side of our marketplace. You will be responsible for defining strategy and goals with a focus on optimizing customer LTV, and making sure that Rover hits those goals. As an internal expert on our pet owning customers, you have a deep understanding of key pet owner segments and their needs and pain points. You will own a roadmap for an engineering team building customer-facing products and features, and be a key cross-functional leader on pet owner initiatives.
This role will focus on three things
1. Defining a strategic framework and owning a roadmap to increase pet owner LTV on Rover.
2: Succeeding as a cross-functional leader with Engineering, Data Science, Product Design, and Marketing to improve pet owner experience and achieve strategic goals.
3. Understanding key customer segments and advocating for pet owner needs.
- 5+ years driving customer-focused product initiatives at an online marketplace, social network, or other relevant product with millions of users
- Deep experience in user research, usability studies, and customer segmentation
- Comfort with strategic framing and prioritization on complex business problems
- Familiarity with LTV and engagement retention frameworks
- Understanding of Marketplaces and trends in the ‘Sharing Economy’.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills with strong technical abilities.
- Very comfortable with SQL, Google Analytics, Tableau or other data visualization tools
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience
Why We'll Hire You:
- You can go get the data you need and can whip it into an insightful story with no help.
- You know how to leverage data to make decisions and drive growth.
- You have experience running rigorous multivariate testing.
- Above all, you seek the truth. You know your market, customers and competition better than anyone, and you excel at integrating this information into your strategies.
- You’re biased toward action, a great collaborator, and master disambiguator/simplifier.
- You never stop pushing towards clarity and delivery.
- You are scary-good at articulating the essence of products and the value they create. You can develop clear messaging and an effective content strategy plan. Sometimes, you may even play copywriter.
- You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on, you persevere when others fall away.
- You have a true passion for Rover’s mission and values.
Benefits of Working at Rover.com:
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- 4 weeks paid time off
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs)
- Free catered lunches semi-monthly
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more
- 50 free dog walks a year
Rover embraces diversity and opposes discrimination.
This position is based at Rover HQ in Downtown Seattle.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the US.