At PitchBook we work to provide global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. We credit our success and rapid growth to our cutting-edge products, customer centered attitude and ability to embrace and drive change.
In just over a decade, PitchBook has reached over 1,300 global employees with offices worldwide, and we're not slowing down! Consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work, our culture is at the heart of our success and is driven by excellence, inclusion and fun. At PitchBook we're committed to fostering an open and collaborative work environment.
About the Role:
PitchBook's Senior Product Manager acts as a subject matter expert and works collaboratively across PitchBook to deliver value to customers. This role champions the needs of our clients, pain points, and business opportunities across the organization. They also serve as a mentor for team members on the Product Management process.
The Product Management Team within PitchBook's Product organization works to strategically align our product initiatives with core customer needs and ruthlessly prioritize development efforts to drive increased user engagement and growth.
As a Senior Product Manager working on the PitchBook Platform, you will build exciting solutions that deliver value to our constantly growing user base. We are looking for a Product Manager to drive the roadmap for Core Platform functionality. You will have a unique opportunity to help clients easily realize the value of PitchBook's core offerings and create a seamless experience across the platform. You will work closely with designers, developers and other teams across PitchBook to build experiences that enable our clients to easily turn PitchBook private and public market data into invaluable insights.
Your strong product instincts and ability to combine a deep understanding of customer use cases with experimentation and data analysis will be crucial in developing the right solutions at the right time.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Champion client needs, pain points, and business opportunities across the organization
- Be a SME for your product area(s) and a go-to resource for team members across PitchBook
- Actively define product roadmap prioritization and create business cases for new opportunities
- Work collaboratively with key stakeholders and project teams to execute your product roadmap
- Create detailed functional specifications from prioritized requirements
- Communicate requirements and technical details to stakeholders, including engineering teams
- Proactively improve our external and internal deliverables and operational processes
- Establish project goals, measure your business impact, and prioritize additional opportunities for success
- Influence product brand and experience decisions across teams
- Give compelling presentations to stakeholders on projects and vision
- Become a mentor for team members on the Product Management process
- Support the vision and values of the company through role modeling and encouraging desired behaviors
- Participate in various company initiatives and projects as requested
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree with strong academic performance in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Finance, Accounting, or related field
- 5+ years product management experience
- Strong bias for action. Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do what is necessary to meet team goals
- Experience establishing customer-centric requirements and writing functional design specification documents to satisfy the requirements
- Self-directed: sets and meets deadlines, multi-tasks, and prioritizes
- Thrive in ambiguous situations, motivated by the opportunity to work with teams to define a clear course of action
- Ability to leverage tools, analytics and data to drive product decision making
- Familiarity with machine learning and natural language processing techniques a plus
- Eager to become an expert on private and public capital markets
- Team player that helps junior team members learn and grow
- Passionate about or have experience in FinTech or Financial Services