Senior Product Manager - Platform
Job Title: Senior Product Manager – Search and Data Management
Location(s): San Diego, CA or Kirkland, WA
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
We are seeking a Senior Product Manager to own the core data management solutions across internal and 3rd party systems, including enterprise search, data replication, data archiving, and more. We want someone who will thrive as an individual contributor and work collaboratively with fellow product managers, engineering teams, customers and company stakeholdersto shape the vision and roadmap for these elements as well as execute to develop new products that address key needs around data management for ServiceNow customers in the future.
Successful Product Managers determine the functionality and experiences that will delight our customers and generate revenue by understanding the overall market opportunities and competitive insights of their products, as well as manage product backlogs and build trusted relationships with developers, quality engineers, pre-sales teams, and directly with customers.
What you get to do in this role:
- Work with product management, engineering, and design team to formulate our vision and roadmap defining ServiceNow data management, including the search experience, data replication, integration, and data governance tools
- Maintain a firm grasp of the competitive landscape and identify areas of differentiation to create great experiences for our customers and their users
- Serve as an evangelist with internal stakeholders to develop and execute a cross-team strategy to integrate new data management solutions within ServiceNow’s architecture tosolve key customer issues and on new opportunities
- Define and prioritize a backlog of work including the creation of epics and user stories using INVEST guidelines and be data-driven in prioritizing new features and improvements
- Work with global 2000 customers to determine unmet needs, business goals, product usage, and refine ideas with concepts and product feedback
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and key customers to drive adoption and ensure new products are driving successful outcomes in ServiceNow offerings
- Be the voice of the customer and provide a business perspective when evaluating day-to-day development decisions
- Collaborate with Product Marketing to produce product overview, licensing, and other go-to-market materials
- Work with User Learning (help files and documentation), Training, and Support and Professional Services to assure smooth uptake and adoption
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- 5+ years of experience as a Product Manager, Product Owner, Consultant or technical Product Analyst in a commercial software product company
- 3+ years of experience with search engine technologies such as Solr or Elastic, including creating search indexes from multiple data sources
- 3+ years of experience with databases and data platforms
- Bachelor’s/Master’s in Computer Science
- Exceptional understanding of Agile and Lean methodologies
- Exceptional quantitative and qualitative data analysis skills to gain insight into product needs and generate ideas
- The ability to learn new technical concepts quickly
- The ability to make trade-off decisions, including a strong understanding of what is technically feasible
- Exceptional customer relationship skills
- The ability to context switch between current product adoption activities, current products in development, and future product planning activities
- The discipline to focus on high leverage activities, i.e., being good at saying “no” or “not now”
- Must enjoy working in a highly collaborative environment
- Comfortable delivering product presentations to large audiences
- 3+ years of experience as a Product Manager on highly scalable Platform as a Service or Software as a Service offerings
- 3+ years of experience delivering highly scalable and secure Platform as a Service and/or Software as a Service experiences
- Scrum Master or Scrum Product Owner certification
- Is a Certified ServiceNow Developer
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.