Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with the state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of the police record so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
Real time communication in public safety
While enterprise collaboration has experienced a sea change in the past 10 years (think Zoom, Slack, and a bevy of role and domain specific tools), public safety has largely been left behind. Though police officers, firefighters, and emergency medical services personnel put themselves in harm’s way on a daily basis, their ability to communicate and coordinate is hampered by disjointed systems, arcane user interfaces, and technology that was implemented before (and without) modern product design and technology. The news is full of examples of first responders lacking critical information, which leads to less than ideal outcomes.
Axon is in a unique position to address this problem. As the the largest provider of de-escalation training and the creator of the world’s first LTE-connected body camera, we are leading the charge to connect first responders, enable them to make more intelligent decisions, and ultimately save and protect more lives. To that end, the Real Time Communications team is creating a new product category that integrates voice, text, and video communications into a lightning-fast collaboration toolset. Like all teams at Axon, we value transparency and bias for action, and are looking for talented people from all backgrounds to join us in pulling the future into today.
We are building a new way for 911 call takers and dispatchers to take & record information from 911 calls and communicate with patrol officers. Your customers will be the literal first responders: they are the ones who pick up the phone when you dial 911. Their job moves at a blistering pace and requires constant multitasking, as well as both speed and accuracy. You will drive the product vision and growth of our real time experience for these call takers and dispatchers.
We are looking for someone to pull inspiration from domains like gaming HUDs, coding IDEs, and air traffic control to equip these heroes with new ideas in existing (or new) technologies. This will require deep work in co-creation with call-takers, dispatchers, designers, and engineers. It will require deep immersion via ride-alongs and sit-alongs to understand up close what law enforcement users need from their digital systems. You'll then define needed requirements and work with design and engineering teams to ensure we're building and shipping the right stuff, in the right order, at the right time.
Your Day to Day
- Define and lead the vision and delivery of Axon’s real time dispatcher experience
- Spend tons of high quality time with customers in the field to deeply understand their needs
- Partner with other product managers, product design, user research, and engineering to make your vision a reality
- Engage with and learn from a collaborative team of other product managers
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
- 5+ years of Software Product Management experience with proven results shipping product experiences for “power users” that involves data visualization, mapping, or frequent interrupt scenarios
- Experience solving complex user interaction problems with creative solutions
- You have deep experience working with engineers to balance scope, time to market, and functionality, constantly making trade-offs using qualitative, quantitative, and absent data
- Success influencing and leading engineering and design teams, as well as partnering with cross functional leadership leadership in a fast-paced, dynamic environment of consistent growth
- Possesses critical thinking and analytical skills, including the capacity to identify, assess, and prioritize competing deadlines and needs
- Ability to strategically execute within a fast-paced, deadline-oriented and complex environment
- Excellent problem solving skills, well-structured written and verbal communication
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- A supportive parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with real police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, get inspired
- And more...
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.