Senior Product Manager - SEM Audiences
Our Mission is to Revolutionize Travel Through the Power of Technology.
Ever wondered what happens behind the scenes at Expedia? Every second of every single day, we send two travelers on a trip. We sell enough tickets to fill nearly six hundred 737 airplanes each day, and our mobile apps have been downloaded more than 10 million times across 180 countries. Our team is at the heart of this energizing environment, constantly adapting to the ever-changing travel and performance-based advertising landscape.
We are looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to join as a Senior Product Manager to evolve the automation technology used to power Search Engine Marketing (SEM). In this role, you will drive the prioritization, execution, and cross-team alignment of a roadmap focused on the audience targeting aspects of marketing, with the goal of attracting potential customers around the globe. You’ll be empowered to innovate, build and measure the effectiveness of your ideas. This role is inherently cross-functional – you’ll work closely with counterparts in software engineering, operations, program management, and strategy to collect ideas and insights for your product backlog. You will own crafting business cases, socializing priorities, and maintaining agile artifacts. To show that investments are meeting their expected returns, you’ll author concise monthly communications for senior executives. Overall, your efforts will ensure SEM products are contributing toward growing revenue, reducing cost, improving customer satisfaction, and enhancing the value of Expedia’s brands. We look for people with intellectual curiosity, who love data, and who bring enthusiasm and integrity to their work.
You get to,
- set the short-term and long-term strategy for the SEM platform product and evangelize that vision within the organization
- conduct business analysis on proposed enhancements, including competitive review, budgeting, forecasting, and planning for measurement and reporting
- draw on analytical and quantitative skills, using data and metrics to back up assumptions
- solicit and consolidate product feedback to help in the prioritization of engineering effort
- facilitate trade-off decisions between investment, schedule and customer benefit
- take ownership over risk mitigation and creatively resolve problems as they arise
- build collaborative relationships with coworkers in engineering, operations, and brand product management
- assess detailed business opportunities from internal clients and turn them into the epics and stories that set the direction for engineering teams
- promote thinking about the why and what of new features and data.
- evaluate third-party product capabilities and arrange integration where it makes sense
- participate in vendor relationships, including providing input into the vendor's roadmap
- BA/BS; MBA preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience in product or data management
- Proven success in delivering technology products in a high growth environment
- Experience in new product development
- Proven experience as someone who can prioritize well, communicate clearly, and influence across cross functional teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Superior project management and organizational skills
Expedia Global Product Organization is looking for a product manager with a natural bias towards execution: someone who loves turning great ideas into action! We are data-driven and want someone who can create a compelling analytical case, but at the same time, demonstrate customer empathy and solid instincts. As the product manager, it’s your job to inspire and influence the team, by articulating and continuously reinforcing the product vision.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.