Senior Product Manager, SEO
Groupon Search Marketing brings millions of new users to Groupon.com and LivingSocial.com each year. We are looking for world-class engineers, product visionaries and marketers who will build a large-scale search presence. We believe the best way to do this is by building a great user experience.
In this role you will have a huge impact on Groupon’s bottom line and have resources to do optimization right at large scale. Your leadership will extend across the entire website as you ensure optimal search engine visibility for Groupon. You will also grow the reach of the Groupon brands to be the go-to site for local commerce and inspiration creating new pages and features for Groupon users, and optimizing the experience for many existing offerings. You focus on the customer, are numbers-focused, amazing with data, and have a strong desire to win. You will be responsible to grow our SEO footprint on desktop and mobile, optimize revenue and define strategy for continued growth and improvement.
Lead the analysis, review and change recommendations on Groupon websites so they are optimized for search engines ranking and referral traffic.
Build scalable content and link building processes aligned with Groupon brand and product focus, utilizing in house editorial resources, outside agencies, Groupon PR, social media and internal hires as needed.
Research opportunities and build proposals for content-driven SEO visibility growth of Groupon websites and work with product management to bring these proposals to market.
Lead Weekly and Monthly SEO business reporting. List major callouts and their remedies. Lead the follow up on all major operational actions.
Drive the continuous refinement and improvement of SEO reporting processes to provide clear actionable reports.
Work with product, operations, and the head of SEO to develop medium and long term strategies for growth.
Work with outside agencies as needed to provide large scale SEO services such as reporting, content marketing, and link acquisition.
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific or engineering field or related experience
- Strong background and proven success in SEO at large consumer-facing website. Demonstrated ability to a/b test and learn what drives growth.
- Five years online marketing experience, proven record to grow internet traffic and revenue at a scale of millions of visitors a month.
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and solve open ended projects with in-house resources, outsourced agencies, or small scrappy teams that come together in an agile environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with experience reporting business to senior management
- Proficiency in quantitative analysis and communicating the results of that analysis.
- Highly analytical, comfortable with SQL and deep pivot tables
- Able to communicate vision into specific product requirements and contribute to overall strategy to drive long-term growth.
- a problem solver and decision maker, with the ability to prioritize and develop relevant and engaging content strategy
Groupon provides a global marketplace where people can buy just about anything, anywhere, anytime. We’re enabling real-time commerce across an expanding range of categories including local businesses, travel destinations, consumer products, and live or lively events. At the same time, we are providing advertising options and tools that merchants can use to grow and manage their businesses. Culturally, we believe that great people make great companies and that starting with the customer and working backward moves us forward. Community matters to us on an internal, local and global scale—it’s fundamental to our company’s growth and to the well-being of the world at large. We also value self-awareness, candor, lunch and WiFi. If we match with you, please apply to join us.