Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward!
Contract freight represents the largest share of the trucking industry and is core to Convoy’s business.
In your role, you will build new systems for acquiring and optimizing our contract freight. To achieve this, you will build software systems and workflows for driving excellent control and growth of this business. This will require a data-guided mindset that grows both contract freight volume and margin. You will meet shippers in person, deeply understand their problems, and use that to create or enhance Convoy’s contract offerings. Additionally, you will work closely with internal Business and Technical teams.
You will own strategy, roadmap, and execution of this effort to directly impact Convoy's business outcomes. In this role, revenue and margin will be the first order of business for you. To help you succeed, you will head up engineers, data scientists and others who will be embedded in your team.
You will have ownership of:
- Strategy: You will identify the key strategy questions and drive alignment and resolution with stakeholders.
- Roadmap & Features: You will own the product roadmap for our contract systems.
- Metrics & Experimentation: You will define metrics and goals to drive progress across the team in terms of day to day business as well as experiments. You will work closely with Data Scientists to optimize our contract freight intake.
- Cross functional partnership: You will work closely with our Sales, Marketplace, Business Operations and other Product teams to identify near term and long term innovations.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Experience managing business revenue, margin, or cost as a key team metric
- Proven partnerships to a sales and/or business function
- Proven track record of owning a product roadmap through multiple iterations
- Proven track record of influence without authority beyond your immediate team
- Experience working backwards from customer needs, especially those of B2B customers, to systems, user interfaces and workflows
- Experience writing specs that are easily consumed by engineering and partner teams
- Experience defining metrics and running experiments
- Experience with engineers and data scientists/analysts as core partners in past roles
Candidates must be eligible to work at Convoy HQ in Seattle.
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we are actively seeking a diverse team. If you are a collaborative teammate who wants to have an outsized impact with a small, tight-knit team, we'd love to hear from you.