Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.
Are you passionate about building tools that dramatically improve efficiency? The trucking industry in the US starts with over 100,000 shippers of every size – with processes and practices that have been unchanged for decades.
Convoy is looking for a Senior Product Manager to lead a strategically critical effort for Convoy. Your scope consists of new product development: aligning product vision with business objectives, translating user insights into feature ideation, and prioritizing and executing a roadmap. To help you succeed, your team will consist of dedicated engineers, designers, data scientists, sellers, account managers, and marketers. You will work directly with customers to understand their problems and develop new solutions from first principles.
This is a growth effort with a high degree of autonomy and responsibility. Specifically, your scope will focus on creating B2B tools and enablers to help shippers take advantage of Convoy’s digital freight network. From the core quoting and booking flows to track and trace, you’ll help our customers secure capacity to deliver goods to their customers. You’ll also be responsible for building tools to make it easier to get the most out of their relationship with Convoy: metrics and reporting and coordinating with ERP software teams to handle billing and payments. You will have the opportunity to improve the product and customer journey and success in your role will materially alter Convoy’s trajectory.
- Ideation and prioritization: You will identify key user insights and frame strategic product opportunities in alignment with cross-functional stakeholders.
- Roadmap & Features: You will own the product roadmap for your portion of shipper systems.
- Metrics & Experimentation: You will define metrics and goals to drive progress across the team in terms of day to day business as well as experiments. You will work closely with Data Scientists to determine appropriate approaches to measuring progress for zero-to-one initiatives.
- Cross functional partnership: You will work closely with our sales, marketing, marketplace, business operations and other product teams to identify near- term and long-term innovations.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Proven track record of owning a product roadmap through multiple iterations
- Experience working backwards from customer needs, especially those of B2B customers, to systems, user interfaces and workflows
- Experience writing specs that are easily consumed by engineering and partner teams and help marketing frame go-to market activities
- Experience defining metrics and running experiments
- Engineers and data scientists/analysts are core partners in past roles
- Partnering with sales and/or business function
Candidates must be eligible to work at Convoy HQ in Seattle.
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we are actively seeking a diverse team. If you are a collaborative teammate who wants to have an outsized impact with a small, tight-knit team, we'd love to hear from you.