Senior Product Manager (Speedtest Intelligence) at Ookla
Ready to challenge yourself to dive deep and think big? Ookla, the company behind Speedtest and Downdetector, is a team of passionate individuals who have turned clever ideas into unique products and a thriving business. Globally, millions of tests are performed every day across the Speedtest ecosystem on the web, desktop and mobile apps, embedded in routers and deployed in thousands of servers. With all that usage comes countless ways to dissect and analyze our data to help make the internet better, faster and more accessible for everyone. If you crave the chance to do your best work in a flexible work environment where we value individuality and fun as much as we value talent, we want to hear from you.
Ookla’s Speedtest Intelligence portal is our flagship product, utilized by C-level executives, network benchmarking departments, and marketing professionals at leading telecommunications companies, government agencies, and industry analysts around the world. The portal is an interactive SaaS platform providing analytical and geospatial reporting capabilities to measure network improvements, assess competitors, and source marketing claims. We are seeking a motivated product leader to not only execute on our Speedtest Intelligence portal roadmap, but to own it and define the strategic vision. This role will work across the organization and with senior management; the ideal person is able to work seamlessly across teams to both be a bridge and driver.
We are people first, employees second at Ookla, and we know there is no one perfect path to any job. If you’re excited about the work we’re doing and think you have a creative new approach, please apply whether or not your experience matches the job description. We strongly believe diversity of all kinds makes us better. We are an equal opportunity employer actively working to build an inclusive workforce at all levels of the company. [Read our latest diversity report here].Expectations for Success
- Be the subject matter expert on relevant markets, the competitive landscape, and the needs of our current and prospective customers.
- Work with stakeholders to shape the product vision in support of company goals; collaboratively develop and continuously communicate a rolling 9-12 month product roadmap to pursue that vision.
- Analyze and prioritize incoming feature requests from customers, partners, and internal stakeholders and balance those against strategic initiatives to ensure that we stay focused on projects with the greatest business impact.
- Serve as the Product Owner, translating the product roadmap into an actionable, prioritized backlog of well-defined user stories for our Agile development team to execute against.
- Collaborate with the technology team to help determine the best solutions, work through implementation issues, and strike a balance between “perfect” and “practical” to facilitate continuous improvement.
- Work across the organization to develop and execute go-to-market activities, including creation of pricing model, messaging, outreach campaigns, and tools or materials for sales enablement and customer onboarding.
The heading says “requirements” but we’re looking for the right person not the exact list. If your life experience prepares you for similar challenges, we’d like to hear from you.
- Meaningful enterprise technology product management experience with increasing responsibility and a record of successful product launches and iterations.
- Background and expertise in data analytics products and similar technical products and services is critical; experience in the telecommunications industry helpful but not required.
- Proven success in analyzing and defining customer needs, finding new business opportunities, working with development teams on technical product requirements, and leading go-to-market efforts.
- Experience and preference for working in an Agile development environment as a Product Owner or similar role; CSPO certification helpful but not required.
People come first at Ookla. At the moment everyone is working remotely because of the pandemic, but we still have great benefits even if we are fully remote. We offer top-of-market compensation, flexible schedules, transit passes, on- and off-site happy hours, team activities, lunch on Wednesdays and an office kitchen full of snacks (some of these benefits will resume when it is safe to do so). Our comprehensive benefits package includes pension matching, unlimited paid vacation and sick time, ESPP options, private health/dental insurance coverage and a stand-out parental leave. We make sure you have the best hardware, software and tools available for you to do your work, and we provide excellent flexibility for working remotely as time and responsibilities allow. Visit [our Built In Seattle page] for even more information.Location
While our preference is to have this person located in Seattle where our headquarters is, we are open to having this position be remote elsewhere in the US. We provide excellent workplace flexibility for working remotely as time and responsibilities allow. If the person we hire is not located in Seattle, this role will occasionally be required to visit our Seattle office (when it is safe to do so).