Senior Product Manager - Targeting, Audience & Performance
Expedia’s Media Solutions team (MeSo) is looking for an analytical, entrepreneurial, and creative Product Manager to build our audience targeting capabilities and lead our Display ad performance work stream. In this strategic online media role, you will consult with internal partners across multiple teams to create new product offerings and ensure they are scalable across a global business. Your familiarity with audience data and programmatic buying practices, combined with a keen eye for opportunity, will propel efforts to expand MeSo's premier first-party data offering and create thoughtful ad policy that reduces ad latency.
As with all Expedia product management roles, you will work closely with cross-functional teams, including sales, product, operations, engineering, and finance. While balancing multiple contending priorities, you will be analytical and resourceful, using creative problem-solving skills to move quickly from ideation to implementation. You will also bring your fluency in and affinity for using data to drive decisions that empower us to better deliver the right ad to the right user at the right time. Does this sound like you? Consider the following;What you will do:
- Help define, develop and execute the vision, roadmap, and requirements for MeSo’s audience, targeting, and ad performance (latency-reducing) solutions
- You will analyze market and product trends, incorporating real-time feedback from global sales, advertisers, and other internal partners, as well as third-party market research
- Monitor product adoption, actively identifying optimization opportunities and making actionable recommendations to improve product adoption and effectiveness
- You will identify process improvements in support of day-to-day ad operations
- Engage with sales on product support issues, troubleshooting as required to resolve data availability challenges
- You will work with multiple constituencies, including Sales, Operations, and Product Marketing, to provide input on training, marketing content/collateral, and product rollout strategy and process
- Continually evaluate customer adoption of new products and product changes to win/retain more business
- You'll track sell-through and attach rates of targeting data, customer feedback, and ad performance issues
- Develop metrics and methodology to assess campaign performance
- You'll make thoughtful decisions, even when faced with ambiguity, where processes and the solution path are not yet established
- You have 3-5 years of significant work experience in product management or online advertising
- Experience with DMP platforms and audience segments a plus
- You are an excellent communicator capable of interacting across all levels of the organization and with external partners
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, bringing to bear data and metrics to back up assumptions, evaluate outcomes and present business cases; experience with financial modeling and statistics is a plus
- You possess a strong bias for action and driving results
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred
Expedia Media Solutions is dedicated to building innovative media partnerships for travel advertisers enabling them to use Expedia's network of leading travel brands and global sites. With a growing product portfolio offering a multitude of advertising and sponsorship opportunities, our Media Solutions team has built a viable marketing platform for advertising partners to reach the 78 million worldwide monthly unique visitors that visit Expedia Group sites.Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. As the world's travel platform, we're made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating a versatile work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.