Senior Product Manager Tech - B2B Payments at Amazon
Over the past 20 years, Amazon has reinvented on behalf of the consumer providing great products, selection and convenience. Through our entrepreneurial and innovative culture, Amazon has also developed new technologies and products (like our Kindle e-readers and tablets) and, enterprise services (like Amazon Web Services). Amazon is now reinventing on behalf of the business customer to offer the same ease and convenience that they have come to expect at home. Amazon Business is focused on building the most innovative Business-to-Business (B2B) buying, purchasing and management destination in the world. We are recruiting to make this vision a reality within the Business Payments Products Organization, to make the customer’s procure to pay experience delightful.
The leader will drive our efforts to bring reach, scale, and performance to our advertiser customers by connecting advertisers to supply sources that will drive optimal performance for their campaigns. In this role, you will drive the technical design and roadmap for a well-recognized and significant portion of our advertising business. You will coordinate complex product initiatives across internal teams and stakeholders to prioritize roadmap features, and spearhead the definition of new capabilities through product and business requirements documents. You will have a high level of comfort with ambiguity, a deeply analytical mindset with the ability to investigate complex challenges, and can effectively influence across organizations. You work backwards from the customer needs, dives deep into data to understand the issues, and drives product development to deliver those needs by working with cross-functional teams.
The Business Payments Products team manages Amazon’s business credit programs. We are looking for a candidate with proven experiences in thought leadership, program management, and detailed execution to own and drive the expansion of our business credit programs to international geographies. The successful candidate will work backward from the customer to innovate on product features and design the end-to-end customer experience. You will work with the engineering team to develop the technical architecture and services for our credit programs, achieve scale to launch a diverse set of products across geographies and external partners. The scope of this role stretches across multiple Amazon organizations and requires close partnership with stakeholders with diverse backgrounds, as we look to create additional internal and external business opportunities, and further deepen the integration of our products with Amazon Business and external partners.
The ideal candidate will be entrepreneurial, self-sufficient, and strong in more than one or all of the following areas:
· Lead product definition – Own and drive the customer working backwards strategy, tenets, long-term goals and define product features and services that deliver bar-raising customer experiences.
· Drive product creation – Work with dedicated engineering, design, and research teams to build and iterate upon your product. Partner with teams in other organizations to ensure support and visibility of your and the broader team’s plans. Manage trade-offs effectively. Earn trust across a range of stakeholders and partners.
· Create and drive business strategy – Define how we measure success. Own reporting on KPIs, recommendations that use data to optimize them, and execution of those optimizations.
· Create mechanisms to scale – Drive mechanisms to optimize the team’s efficiency and alignment.
· Conduct data analyses, research gaps in business reporting and continuously improve the quality of metrics related to the product.
· Project management, including working with stakeholders to capture business and functional requirements, creating business justifications for product features and services, tracking and reporting.
· Own executive reviews – Present business and product vision, progress, and dependencies to executive stakeholders in multiple teams. Also contribute to broader team and organizational planning documents, including owning and driving them for your area of the business and product.
· Lead the product go-to-market process, user testing, defining and managing program metrics.
This position involves regular communication with management on risks, financial and operational program metrics. Cross-team coordination, project management and executive presentation skills are essential. The ideal candidate will also have superior analytical abilities and a track record of finding practical, simple and creative solutions to complicated problems without sacrificing quality or core functionality.
· BA/BS or a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience
· 5+ years of technical product management, program management of engineering experience
· Hands-on experience developing and driving programs or projects with aggressive schedules
· Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, which includes excellent listening skills, concise communications, and targeting the message to specific audiences
· Demonstrated ability to engage and influence people and teams at every level in the organization
· Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Business Administration
· Exceptional product development skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions.
· Experience in driving all aspects of a commercial launch for customer-facing product, including business model, branding, marketing and pricing
· Experience building and analyzing cost/benefit scenarios and business cases and communicating results throughout the organization
· Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
· Knowledge of agile product development and life-cycle management process
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.