Senior Product Manager - Technical (Amazon EKS) at Amazon
The container services team at AWS is seeking a Senior Product Manager. Container services offers a fast-growing suite of products, including Amazon ECS, EKS, ECR, App Mesh, Cloud Map, and AWS Fargate. In this role, you will drive highly visible, impactful programs across the organization and in conjunction with key AWS partners.
Ideal candidates are passionate about delivering world-class container-based solutions in the cloud. You must have an established background in delivering customer-facing solutions, strong technical skills, excellent program project management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment. You are a strong leader who can prioritize well, negotiate effectively, communicate clearly and compellingly. You understand how to drive a high level of focus and excellence within a complex set of teams and dependencies. You are comfortable working with both software engineers and business stakeholders, and you partner with the business leadership to define, drive, and execute high priority technology projects.
· BS/BA degree (Master’s degree preferred) in Computer Science, Information Systems or Business.
· 5+ years of demonstrable experience in one or more of the following areas: product management, business development, sales or marketing
· Technical/Analytical ability to dive deep into data, existing processes, people and systems in order to invent, simplify and improve inefficient or unnecessarily complex processes
· Ability to work independently and prioritize effectively in a complex, ambiguous and fast-paced environment
· Demonstrable ability to meet tight deadlines while managing multiple projects
· Exceptional writing skills to create narratives, presentations, blogs, white papers.
· A work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations
· Ability to work effectively with cross-organizational teams in an international, diverse and complex organization
· Strong written and verbal communication skills to positively influence decision making ·
· Comfortable presenting and interfacing with leadership
· Expertise in Kubernetes and it's ecosystem
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Experience with partner licensing models
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Exceptional customer and partner relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and work with engineering leaders to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
· Passion, as well as the innate ability to inspire passion in others, and the ability to establish and sell the business and technical vision for a complicated problem area