Senior Product Manager
- Opportunity to drive product development with a world-class engineering organization in a fast growing startup in Seattle
- Build cutting edge AI and ML products and services to drive the next level of growth
- Partner with marketing, sales, and business teams to deliver compelling product rationale
- Deeply understand our customers, their needs, and how they’re best satisfied
Algorithmia automates, optimizes, and accelerates every step of the journey to deploying of AI and ML at scale. We allow anyone to run models on massively parallel infrastructure in minutes instead of months. In our cloud or your datacenter - all completely managed for maximum performance at minimum cost. Already trusted by over 90k developers and major enterprise customers, Algorithmia makes scalable Machine Learning fast, simple, and cost-effective for everyone.
We are seeking a Senior Product Manager to take our product to the next level. You will be critical in helping lead Algorithmia through the next phase of growth. We’ve already demonstrated that our product fits the market need, but there is stiff competition in the market. We’ll need you to take ownership in product development to make sure we hit our goals and position ourselves to succeed. You will experience unique visibility and growth opportunities that comes with joining the first AI startup funded by Google’s AI Fund.
As Senior Product Manager, your practical responsibilities will include:
- Work directly with customers, sales, product marketing and others to refine the product roadmap.
- Work closely with engineers, ensuring they have the necessary information and success criteria to efficiently delivery rapid, iterative work.
- Develop functional specifications and technical requirements
- Be an owner in the full product lifecycle, from ideation to revenue.
- Work with different data systems, demonstrated ability to pull data and produce reports to create data driven decisions, e.g. Databases, APIs
- Balance and prioritize product short term needs with long term opportunity.
- Ensure we continuously deliver product to our customers at high velocity and quality.
- Prioritize workload, make smart trade offs and manage resources to meet deadlines.
- Report status of specific development deliverables back to stakeholders
- Collect and publish metrics for team and product performance
- Produce release notes and manage internal communication regarding software releases
- Help create a positive, inclusive, results oriented culture
On a given day, you might find yourself:
- Attending standups, ensuring engineering is unblocked
- Writing epics and stories for engineering management to break down
- Defining the success metrics for a planned product release
- Working with Sales on new customer opportunities
- Working with Customer Success to ensure our customers are successful
- Working with the Product Marketing team on messaging and positioning
We’re an early stage startup, and things are growing quickly: these responsibilities will evolve over time.
And we might make the perfect match if you:
- 5+ years experience as a senior product leader, preferably a combination of big and small company environments,
- 7+ years experience in one or more of the following: Cloud infrastructure, large-scale distributed systems, service delivery, SaaS
- 5+ years experience with AWS, Azure, GCP, OpenStack or VSphere core services
- Familiarity with kubernetes, MySQL, SAN/NAS storage, IP Loadbalancing
- Excel at connecting engineers to the reality of what customers need
- Have proven ability to make smart decisions through data
- Are able to prioritize and execute on multiple projects with a passion for detail
- Are highly collaborative, especially with the ability to work well with diverse and distributed stakeholders
- Have Deep empathy for users, and understand that Algorithmia would not exist without them
- Love studying and seeing how customers and technology can work better together
- Have an advanced degree, but not required