Senior Product Manager at Skilljar
Customer Education is one of the most exciting areas of growth in the emerging segment of Customer Success Management. As Senior Product Manager at Skilljar, you will create and drive major new features for Skilljar’s Customer Education product. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of ownership by starting with the customer and working back to define great products. You will own the entire cycle of feature and product development from early research and definition through launch. Additional responsibilities include direct customer research, support for pre and post-sales customer conversations, the technical definition of product features, and rapid ideation. As a true utility player, you will touch all aspects of the business and define the future of our product.
If you have a solid grasp of modern Product Management methodology, can show ownership and customer focus, and are ready to grow with us, let’s talk! This is a great opportunity to join a rapidly accelerating startup that has dozens of Fortune 1000 and mid-market clients on its roster and is growing extremely quickly.Responsibilities
- Understand, articulate and evangelize Skilljar customer needs.
- Define product requirements and manage the implementation using Agile methodology.
- Identify, plan and implement key new features that exceed current industry expectations.
- Build use cases and user stories to communicate with development teams in a Jira/Agile work environment.
- Identify, monitor, and analyze key metrics to determine how well features are performing post-release.
- Communicate directly with customers and conduct research to determine the most impactful improvements to the product.
- Own a significant portion of the product development strategy including P&L reporting and long term planning.
- At least 7 years of experience working with technical teams and products as a Product owner.
- Ability to translate product capabilities into a cohesive, compelling story that effectively conveys market needs and gets built right.
- Experience and comfort working in a high-growth software development organization and enthusiasm for a fast-paced, collaborative work environment.
- Skilled at writing business documents including product requirements, user stories, and customer-facing documentation.
- Familiarity with tools like Google Suite, Slack, Invision, Confluence, Jira, etc
- Experience creating wireframes and low fidelity mockups to kickstart product ideation.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- US work authorization and criminal background check are required.
- Comprehensive Medical Coverage: Skilljar pays 100% of our employee premiums for medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance. (PTO and family leave)
- Flexible Time Off: We believe in a healthy work/life balance and trust our employees to take the time off they need to bring their A-game to work.
- Benefits Package: Skilljar employees receive a monthly technology reimbursement for remote work, 401K savings plan, stock options, and access to an Employee Assistance Program.
- Inclusive Culture: We are intentional about creating a culture that is fun and inclusive. Join us for Fun Committee events, trivia nights, Bingo, and more!
Backed by prominent financial institutions, including Mayfield, Shasta Ventures, and Trilogy Equity Partners, Skilljar is the leading enterprise customer training platform, transforming the way organizations onboard, engage, and retain their customers. Trusted by leading global companies like Zillow, Slack, Tableau, Liberty Mutual, Cisco, Verizon, and U-Haul, Skilljar provides the essential tools and foundation for successful customer and partner engagement and enablement.
We are a team of bright, dedicated Skillets with startup drive and a passion for education. Headquartered in Seattle, WA, Skilljar is currently operating remotely, with employees based in Washington, Oregon, California, and Colorado.