Senior Product Manager
Who are you?
You are a high-energy self-starter with a real passion for product ownership — engaging customers and prospects, distilling requirements, and getting uncommonly good software capabilities into customers' hands. Sound like you? If you have these skills and you're motivated to join a high-performing team in a business poised for growth… let’s talk!
Who are we?
Do you want to work with an excellent team? We are a passionate product team who work together every day to increase market success and deliver real value to customers. We operate openly and with accountability and we strive to constantly get better. Want to be part of a team like this? Join us and help build Apptio's next growth engine.
What we want you to do?
You will be responsible for building a compelling vision and driving execution for our best-in-class business process product offering to enterprise customers—owning key product areas of our suite as we expand market reach. To accomplish this, you will engage deeply with customers, partners, analysts and internal staff to understand the market opportunity and customer needs in this segment. Informed by this, you will identify and prioritize requirements, use cases, and design recommendations for addressing customer needs and define a roadmap for Apptio to lead in this market segment. In close partnership with engineering and other teams across the company, you will drive development and delivery of product offerings to win new customers and grow the business.
- Own the product planning lifecycle end-to-end — vision to market success
- Identify and refine customer requirements, personas and use cases for current and future products through customer research and competitive analysis
- Partner with product development to drive shared vision and execution of product plans (priorities, user stories, backlog)
- Team with product marketing and sales to build and execute go-to-market plans
- Work with marketing, sales and services to develop and execute on pre- and post-sale plans
- Keen prioritization and business decision-making skills
- Capacity to think strategically while delivering incrementally
- Ability to think and communicate systematically
- Excellent cross-group collaboration and v-team leadership
- Strong communication skills at all levels, internally and externally
- Results focus — balances speed and precision, measures results, and course corrects as needed
- 5+ years product management/product planning or IT strategy consulting experience and 5+ years working with enterprise software development
- Strong familiarity with enterprise technology personas, needs and software
- Basic understanding of business and financial concepts
- Demonstrated ability to engage customers at all organizational levels and identify/distill market needs
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter with drive for results
- Ability to operate in an agile, entrepreneurial environment
- This position requires travel ~20%
- Experience in SaaS product management highly preferred
- Experience with finance and financial software preferred
- Experience with broad-reach, low-touch enterprise software preferred
- BI experience desirable
**Apptio benefits include company-paid employee health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance and generous contributions to a health savings account. We also offer participation in a flexible spending account, 401k and other voluntary programs. At corporate office: public transportation reimbursement, free parking, free drinks & snacks.
Apptio (NASDAQ: APTI) is the business management system of record for hybrid IT. We transform the way IT runs its business and makes decisions. With our cloud-based applications, IT leaders manage, plan and optimize their technology investments across on-premises and cloud. With Apptio, IT leaders become strategic partners to the business by demonstrating value of IT investments, accelerate innovation and shift their technology investments from running the business to digital innovation. Hundreds of customers choose Apptio as their business system of record for hybrid IT. For more information, please visit www.Apptio.com.
Apptio Inc. is not open to 3rd-party solicitation or resumes for our posted full-time positions. Resumes received from 3rd-party agencies that are unsolicited will be considered complimentary.
Apptio, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Apptio, Inc. abides by applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.