Outreach is the number one sales engagement platform with the largest customer base and industry-leading usage, helping companies achieve their revenue goals and drive more insightful engagement with their customers.
Being named as the category leader in sales engagement, there is strong demand for Outreach solutions across a broad spectrum of customers, ranging from large enterprises to emerging startups. We are also bringing different products to market adding additional value for customers. To capitalize on this growth in products and customer demand, we are looking for a Sr. Product Planning and Pricing Manager with a proven track record for leading cross-functional efforts to define core business models, packaging and pricing framework for the Outreach product portfolio.
The ideal candidate is a data-driven business leader with a deep understanding of cloud business models and pricing strategies for B2B SaaS products. We seek a candidate with a proven record of driving growth through business model evolution, and the ability to think strategically and move with urgency.
This highly strategic role will work closely with product, product marketing, finance, and revenue operations to monetize future innovation, driving the customer organization’s digital transformation. With a proven record of driving growth, this role will be instrumental in driving the category-leading sales engagement platform’s future.
Your Daily Adventures Will Include
- Demonstrating a strong ability to lead cross-functional teams to drive business and product results that measurably deliver company impact
- Bringing exceptional ability to drive key business objectives with data-driven, fact-based insights that lead to well-informed strategic plans, quick decision making and impactful outcomes
- Influencing stakeholders across all teams and levels of leadership ranging from analysts to C-Level executives
- Leading market analysis, segmentation and addressable opportunity analysis working closely with cross-company stakeholders.
- Defining and executing the monetization strategy and business models for various products and customer value scenarios, aligned to our continuous innovation release cycle.
- Orchestrating impact analysis and recommendations across product marketing, engineering, legal, rev ops, and finance
- Working closely with product marketing and engineering teams to shape product investments and influence roadmap
- Developing a proficiency on Outreach and key competitor product capabilities, and sales process best practices
- Driving packaging, pricing decisions, and business model frameworks bringing new products to market
- Creating business models and monetization strategies to optimize revenue growth, seat growth, gross margin, customer acquisition, expansion, and lifetime value
- Conducting market research and surveys, seek customer and sales feedback to determine and influence monetization decisions
- Partnering with product management, product marketing, finance, and revenue operations establish and operationalize pricing and packaging offerings over time
- Supporting sales teams during the launch of new sales initiatives or products that involve pricing and packaging, including the development of the core bill of materials for readiness
- Analyzing and evaluate pricing and policy changes requested by sales, customer operations, product, and channel teams, and drive for approval as warranted
- Working closely with the deal desk to develop and execute pricing adjustments or policy changes
The mindset to succeed in the role
- Enthusiastic willingness to roll-up-your-sleeves and do whatever it takes.
- Strong attention to detail, highly entrepreneurial, creative, open-minded, persistent, and highly collaborative; we value grit!
- Outstanding organizational and prioritization skills, managing multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, and consistently delivering on critical milestones.
- An all-rounded team player with accountability and dependability of a strong leader
- 7+ years of experience working as a product or business planner or finance manager in the technology industry
- Proficient understanding of SaaS technology, vernacular and landscape
- Expertise in B2B marketing with the ability to rapidly gain an in-depth knowledge of the Outreach product and sales engagement industry and competitors.
- History of improving processes, methodologies, programs and/or frameworks that improved company impact, customer experiences, and/or cross-team performance
- Creates a work environment that celebrates, encourages, and stands up for diversity & inclusion
- Previous experience at growth stage companies or driving significant revenue growth at larger companies is beneficial
- Bachelor's degree
- MBA strongly preferred
About The Team
Join the growing Product Marketing team as we expand the Outreach product portfolio to multi-product, multi-geo, multi-language and multi-currency, spanning customers ranging in size from scrappy startups to some of the largest global enterprise companies in the world. We are a team who sits at the intersection of engineering and the sales and marketing teams, translating innovation into marketable, sellable products that deliver unmatched customer experiences at scale across the globe. We are obsessed about collaborating effectively across internal teams and stakeholders, as well as our partner ecosystem to deliver Outreach experiences that attract and delight customers. We wake up each day inspired to do our best work and remain ever-curious about how to improve, evolve and grow. Above all, we have each others’ backs.
Outreach is the number one sales engagement platform with the largest customer base and industry-leading usage. Outreach helps companies dramatically increase productivity and drive smarter, more insightful engagement with their customers. A commissioned Forrester study highlights how the company provides customers with an industry-leading ROI of 387 percent over three years and a payback period of fewer than three months since initial investment.
Outreach’s culture is what truly sets the company apart. We were just voted one of the happiest companies in the U.S. by Comparably (along with one of the best for work/life balance, benefits, best leadership teams, and best CEO for women and diversity). We also made Inc.’s Best Places to Work for the third year in a row. Outreach's great workplace culture has also been recognized in Seattle Business Magazine's 100 Best Companies to Work For and the Puget Sound Business Journal's Best Places to Work in Washington. Its exceptional growth was recognized by Deloitte last year, receiving the prestigious Technology Fast 500 award, which ranked Outreach the fourth fastest-growing technology company in North America. Outreach was also named to the Forbes' Cloud 100 and LinkedIn's Top Startups list and recently was ranked number one in G2s “Best Products for Sales.” Visit https://www.outreach.io/company/working-at-outreach to learn more.
More than 4,000 companies such as Adobe, Tableau, Zoom, DoorDash, Splunk, DocuSign, and SAP depend on Outreach’s enterprise-scale, unparalleled customer adoption, and robust AI-powered innovation. Outreach is a privately held high-growth pre-IPO start-up with a $1.3B valuation based in Seattle, Washington. To learn more, please visit www.outreach.io.
Why You’ll Love It Here
• Generous medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and their dependents
• Flexible time off
• 401k to help you save for the future
• Company-organized and personal paid volunteer days to support the community that supports us
• Fun company and team outings (or virtual events these days!) because we play just as hard as we work
• Diversity and inclusion programs that promote employee resource groups like OWN (Outreach Womxn's Network)
• A parental leave program that includes not just extended time off but options for a paid night nurse, food delivery, gradual return to work, and the Gottman Institute's Bringing Home Baby course for new parents
• Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the team
• Plus, unlimited snacks and beverages in our kitchen (once we're back in the office, that is!)
• We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status