Senior Technical Producer
Do you enjoy empowering developers and technical artists to do their best in the midst of complex production constraints, helping them untangle budget considerations, multi-team dependencies, and deeply understanding needs of millions of diverse customers? Are you a tenacious alignment seeker, a master of chaos? Are you excited to engage directly with development customers to gather requirements, obtain feedback, and help developers drive solutions to a polished sheen? Do you take pride in your ability to drive alignment for coherent solutions to complex problems involving multiple customer groups and tricky technology constraints? Would you like to work with developers to create daring visuals that inspire generations to come, sitting next to top industry talent, at a company that cares deeply about work-life balance?
Imagine a tiny team of developers creating amazing AAA-quality content all by themselves! Imagine an artist, freed from the tedium of repetitive tasks, unconstrained by manual processes, driven only by her creativity to fulfill her vision! That is the world we at Unity want to create. And we need your help to create it. By leveraging the latest research in real-time rendering, our Graphics team wants to empower developers and artists to create high-quality content with ease and intuitiveness without any repetitious drudgery. We need a courageous experience producer to help us tackle the complex dependencies to make our dreams come to life in a predictable and reliable production environment, while maintaining our deep focus on work-life balance.
As a Senior Technical Producer at Unity, you will help drive the creation and maintenance of the roadmap for a large, interdisciplinary development team to build future generations of graphics technology. You will work with the team to define clear and realistic production plans and determine resource needs, help balance schedules, team morale, and the overall vision. Together, we will work with internal product management and user research teams and internal stakeholders to create and maintain a backlog of near-term and long-term features that respond to community, technical, and other feedback. You will learn our engine’s capabilities, then help us expand them by building features and pipelines that empower Unity game developers to craft incredible visual experiences. Most importantly, you will work with an exciting and high-energy team to create the best and most technologically-impressive real-time experiences and games in the world.
For examples of recent Unity real-time graphics, take a look at the Book of the Dead, Adam: Episode 1, Episode 2 and Episode 3, as well as the Neon demo. Stay tuned for more amazing graphics coming in 2018!.
- Report to our Director of Development to drive completion of deliverables on both internal and external R&D projects
- Collaborate with leaders across the various graphics groups together with the development director to define and successfully drive product roadmap for graphics technology delivery
- Ensure partners and in-house teams work together fluently, and everyone has what they need
- Be responsible for consistent, lean and accurate project tracking
- Work together with our partners and internal teams to track deliverables
- Work tightly with a cross-discipline team to provide highly effective production workflows
- From initial brainstorming to shipping, drive all production tasks in specified areas (or coordinate with other departments’ producers to help drive cohesive delivery of these tasks)
- Facilitate communication and collaboration with other areas of R&D and teams. Constantly and clearly communicate status to stakeholders
- Schedule and coordinate the details for all necessary meetings in accordance with individual and production schedules, and ensure action items are followed up on
- Track and manage progress against budget
- Manage risks and establish risk mitigation
- Drive the goals of milestones in conjunction with the wider Production team and the engine development timeline
- Work with limited supervision and use independent judgment outside of established procedures when necessary
- Contribute to the planning and direction of the development and production of Unity products
- 5-7 years of experience in game production and working cross disciplinary teams
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience managing multiple teams’ production, running efficient production processes, and coordinating multiple small team efforts
- Exemplary collaboration and communication skills: listen to, speak with, and resolve conflicts with members of varied disciplines and external partners in a clear and efficient manner
- Outstanding analytical skills: experience working with project and user data sets and distilling action from them
- Ability to self-motivate and motivate others
- Detail-oriented and organized, comfortable dealing with ambiguity
- Results-oriented, focused and composed under pressure
- Socially intelligent. Experience working for creative teams and navigating conflicting priorities
- Strong initiative and ability to work independently
- Methodical and investigative disposition
- Ability to quickly adapt to new technologies and tasks
- 5+ years Producer/Senior Producer experience in internal games production, notably with online, AAA console games
- Thorough knowledge of the games industry
- Completed a minimum of one large scale game cycle from start to finish or two or more non-game production cycles
- Ability to be productive during morning hours as we will be working with teams across multiple time zones
- Desire and willingness to travel to exciting European, Canadian and other destinations to reach our global teams
Who We Are // About Unity
Unity is the creator of the world’s most widely-used real-time 3D (RT3D) development platform, providing content creators around the world with the tools they need to build rich, interactive 2D, 3D, VR and AR experiences. In fact, apps made with Unity reach 2.7 billion devices worldwide, and were installed more than 24 billion times in the last 12 months.
The global engineering team keeps Unity at the forefront of technology and — working alongside partners like Magic Leap, Google, Facebook, Oculus and Microsoft — ensures optimized support for the latest technology and platforms. Unity is powering the real-time revolution, expanding beyond games and breaking into other industries including automotive, film, architecture, engineering, construction and more.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.