Senior Technical Product Manager, Infrastructure
As the world’s leading SaaS platform for managing and automating collaborative work, Smartsheet is the best way for businesses to plan, collect, handle, automate, and report on work, enabling them move from idea to impact fast. Over 100,000 customers, and millions of information workers, trust Smartsheet to help them accelerate business execution, enhance collaboration and visibility, and empower individuals.
Our customers create amazing solutions in Smartsheet to streamline work processes and get things done - everything from simple inventory tracking systems to highly specialized manufacturing pipelines, made up of sheets and dashboards, reports and automation, forms and data integrations. We are looking for an experienced and passionate Product Management leader to turn Smartsheet into a Platform that sits at the heart of getting work done, enabling any customer to build, package and sell advanced solutions based on Smartsheet.
This is a critical, high visibility role with significant business ownership. Your chief responsibility will be to define the vision for how customers can build, package, deploy and sell solutions built on Smartsheet.
You will identify, prioritize, define, and deliver full-stack product enhancements to deliver a modern solutions framework that enables virtually any user to create a packaged solution, and define a marketplace and partnerships to build a robust ecosystem of solutions for Smartsheet across many industry verticals.
You will take on a critical role in a collaborative environment, demonstrating every day your obsession with customer success and determination to deliver a great product. Your success will be measured on improvements to critical success metrics, revenue targets, user engagement and happiness, your ability to drive projects from concept through completion, and your skills working with customers, partners and colleagues.
- Create a compelling vision for your portfolio of features, break down the work into a well-prioritized plan, and execute
- Assess opportunity, project feasibility, approach, scope
- Define detailed product requirements
- Make trade-offs in market fit, usability, cost, and performance
- Drive project through to completion, providing detailed progress metrics during build and thorough, insightful analysis of results post-launch
- Analyze market and competitive trends to inform new recommendations
We are looking for great teammates who are driven, dedicated, passionate about the space, our business and the opportunity, and are effective problem solvers able to execute with little supervision. Preferably, you will have:
- 8+ years experience as a product manager for a software product, B2B or B2C cloud experience strongly preferred
- 8+ years experience as a product owner on agile development teams
- Experience in large scale distributed systems architecture preferred
- Experience building an ecosystem of partners and customers
- Experience working with UX and engineering teams; deep commitment to customers and team collaboration
- Experience with SQL, Databricks, and Tableau, and Google Analytics preferred
- "Roll-up-your-sleeves" entrepreneurial, startup attitude, plus passionate drive and extraordinary ability to communicate with customers, colleagues, and executives
- Passion for web-based business software
- Ability to understand, evaluate and discuss technical concepts
- Experience with agile development processes and frequent product release cycles
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, CompSci, Engineering, or other technical degree required
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, the company delivers a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes. Smartsheet went public on the New York Stock Exchange in April 2018 and currently enables collaboration, better decision making, and accelerated innovation for over 76,000 domain-based customers in 190 countries, including 96 of the Fortune 100.
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.