Senior Technical Product Manager, Meta API and Customer Experience
The Expedia Global Meta Search team is seeking a creative Technical Product Manager to play a pivotal role in launching and optimizing strategic, high-profile online marketing partnerships globally.
In this role you will shape and implement web service features to drive customer acquisition by optimizing key Expedia branded placements on Meta search partner sites (such as TripAdvisor). You will be responsible for a portfolio of initiatives that shape the customer experience on our partner site as well as own the Meta customers' journey within the Expedia ecosystem. You will work with account managers, product management, business partners, engineering teams, and leadership teams across the organization to ensure timely project delivery.
As someone who loves to look beyond the status quo, you will be in tune with team dynamics and constantly work to improve the processes and decision structures used by the team. You will use agile methodologies to plan ahead, understand and communicate priorities clearly and work closely with product owners, engineers and partners to distill product ideas down into shippable user stories.
What you will do
- Drive product development and project schedules from design to release, make appropriate decisions to optimize revenue outcomes, and market roll out
- Conduct ad-hoc data analysis and modeling for investigation and quantification of business impact
- Work with product engineers and software teams to define product features
- Formulate and test hypothesis to solve business problems. Conduct research and analysis to support strategic business decisions
- Analyze large datasets using SQL, Excel, and statistical tools to derive business metrics
- Plan, execute, and monitor various scenarios through an objective and systematic approach to optimize partner interaction
- Support programs post-launch responding to internal and external issues while actively seeking areas of improvement to ensure all operational and business requirements are maintained
Who you are
- You are an enthusiastic TPM who loves to identify problems deeply and rally a team to tackle it
- You love to distil complex ideas, technologies into clear deliverables and can communicate these through confluence, slack, email etc.
- You have a keen sense for the right level of detail at the right time
- You love to lead key team activities such as planning sessions, retrospectives, demos, standups and regular project communications
- You have experience in helping build large, scalable software systems with complex delivery needs
- You are comfortable working in a fast paced team with several senior engineers and product managers and can help the team plan and execute despite gaps in your own or your team's knowledge
What is required
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Business Administration, MBA preferred
- Minimum 6 years of relevant work experience with post grad degree
- 6+ years’ work experience in technology and/or analytics
- Foundational statistics experience (e.g. t-tests, distributions)
- Affinity for writing and working with complex queries in SQL/Hadoop
- Shown success working cross-functionally
Why Join Us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. As the world's travel platform, we're made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating a versatile work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.