Senior Technical Program Manager - Accessibility at Qualtrics
Qualtrics, the leader in customer experience and creator of the Experience Management (XM) category, is changing the way organizations manage and improve the four core experiences of business––customer, employee, product, and brand. Over 12,000 organizations around the world are using Qualtrics to listen, understand, and take action on experience data (X-data™)––the beliefs, emotions, and intentions that tell you why things are happening, and what to do about it.
The Qualtrics XM Platform™ is a system of action that helps businesses attract customers who stay longer and buy more, engage employees who build a positive culture, develop breakthrough products people love, and build a brand people are passionate about. Join us as we help change the way people experience the world! Advance your career at a company that is dedicated to your ideas and growth, fills you with purpose, and provides a fun, inclusive work environment.
Qualtrics is the technology platform that organizations use to collect, manage, and act on experience data, also called X-data™. The Qualtrics XM Platform™ is a system of action, used by teams, departments, and entire organizations to manage the four core experiences of business—customer, product, employee and brand—on one platform. Over 10,000 enterprises worldwide, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100 and 99 of the top 100 U.S. business schools, rely on Qualtrics to consistently build products that people love, create more loyal customers, develop a phenomenal employee culture, and build iconic brands. Qualtrics was recently acquired by SAP, and together we will accelerate XM and power the experience economy. Join us on this adventure that can open many doors! Join a company that is dedicated to your ideas and growth, recognizes your unique contribution, fills you with purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment.
Today over 12,000 + customers use Qualtrics products to improve experience for their customers. At Qualtrics, we believe that our products should reflect the diversity of all our customers. Our brand pillars are to Hear Every Voice and that every voice has value. Part of hearing every voice is building products that are accessible to all individuals, including the more than 1 billion people who have a disability.
We are looking for a Technical Program Manager to join our team and drive our multi-year investment into making our products accessible to those who need assistance for vision, hearing, cognitive learning, and mobility. You will define, drive and track the product accessibility roadmap, work with customers to understand their accessibility needs and work with product/UX and engineering teams to deliver them.
If you have a strong commitment to accessibility and disability inclusion, and have previous experience in accessibility testing program management, accessibility certification (e.g. WCAG) and deep knowledge of accessibility standards (WCAG, ARIA, ATAG and Section 508), Qualtrics could be the place for you.
Expectations for Success
You’ll know you are doing a great job as larger parts of Qualtrics product become accessible and meet digital accessibility standards. You will be detailed-oriented, organized and a great communicator. You are at ease working with Product Managers, UX Designers and software engineers and leading combined teams on their digital accessibility journey.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or related technical field
- 5+ years of technical program/project/product management experience
- At-scale and in-house experience with digital accessibility tech and design solutions, and policy for large scale enterprise or consumer products.
- Demonstrate an expert understanding of digital accessibility standards and associated laws - WCAG guidelines, Section 508, EN 301 549 and others.
- Experience using and testing with assistive technologies (incl. VoiceOver, Browser extensions, JAWS and NVDA)
- Prior experience working with test teams to create VPAT’s that can be shared with customers.
- Comfortable leading/directing impact through multi-disciplinary development teams that do not directly report to you.
- Fantastic communicator. You have the communication skills to help you work cross-functionally with those you need to influence and stakeholders.
A Day in the Life
Kendra, Technical Program Manager, making real-world impact
What differentiates us from other companies: (do not need for internal job board)
- Work life integration is deeply important to us - we have frequent office events, team outings, and happy hours
- Qualtrics Experience Program - $1,500 for an experience of your choosing (eligible after a year)
- We take pride in our offices design aiming at fostering creativity from our rooftop views to an open and collaborative work space.
- 30 paid days off - 15 PTO + 5 Personal Days + 10 Holiday Closures (additional after a year)
- On top of standard benefits package (medical - employees and their families, dental, vision, life insurance, etc) we provide snacks, drinks, and free lunches in our office
- To learn more about what we value read about it directly from our employees Qualtrics Life stories