Sr. Operations Analyst, Commercial Products at Expedia Group
The Commerce Operations Analyst will play a meaningful role in providing payments solutions for the travel market. Expedia Group is responsible for enabling $90 Billion of customer and supplier payment services for a portfolio of global online travel brands under Expedia Group. To date our transactional capabilities are clearly leading the travel industry. And while our technology and products have initially been built to power some of the industry’s leading brands, their ambitious strengths represent a compelling opportunity to broaden Expedia Group’s reach in the ecosystem of travel providers. Join a nimble and mighty team at the forefront of travel plus payments technology development and experience this transformational journey.
This position will be responsible for supporting the operations functions of our commercial payments business throughout the customer lifecycle – sales & contracting, onboarding, ongoing operations and offboarding.
As a key member of the eCommerce Platform (eCP) Commercial Products group, your role will be critical to building, improving and scaling payments related operations functions to power the $2T travel industry. You will work collaboratively across the Sales, Product, Technology, Risk Underwriting, Risk / Fraud Operations, Payment Operations, Back Office Operations, Compliance Operations and Customer Support teams to ensure high quality, scalable and compliant operational capabilities for this global fraud and payment solution provider. This role will report to the Commerce Business Operations Manager.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Support multiple operational functions across our new organization, including:
- Onboarding, compliance, merchant due diligence / risk underwriting, risk (fraud), payments, settlements, reconciliation, payouts, chargebacks, invoicing, collections and write offs, accounts payables, escheatments and customer support operations.
- Define, prioritize, and implement our requirements to run, improve, automate and scale for end to end business operations processes (volume related scaling, but also international expansion)
- Perform daily operational duties within SLA (and help define those SLA’s) while managing process improvements
- Create and update clear process documentation and standard operating procedures
- Create eye catching and easy to understand ad hoc reporting solutions and operations dashboards
- Comfortable and excited to communicate key data and findings to audiences of all levels (front line, supervisory, management)
- Collaborate and develop partnerships with many cross functional and external teams including:
- Sales Operations, Product Management, Partner Management, Risk (Fraud), Sanctions, Payments (including payment processing & payout partners), Accounting, Chargebacks, Customer Service and Technology
- Influence other stakeholders to adopt your defined improvements in processes and standards
- Work with an inspired and passionate team
WHO YOU ARE
- Significant experience as a business analyst within an operations setting
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and a customer centric mindset
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast paced, constantly changing, highly visible, and ambiguous environment - Think “startup” within a large organization
- Have a great balance of hard skills and soft skills
- Exhibit extraordinary organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize tasks with varying degrees of importance and urgency, and act decisively
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, experience creating data visualizations
- Self-starter, sees what needs to be done and takes initiative
- Experience with the following is preferred
- Leadership or supervisory experience - You will be one of the first members of this fast-growing, multi-faceted Commercial Operations team
- Experience with Sales Operations, Merchant Onboarding, Risk (Fraud) Operations, Payment Processing and Customer Service
- Visio (or other process mapping tools), Salesforce or Zendesk
- Data visualization tools (Qlik, Tableau, Power BI, Excel Dashboards). Our org utilizes Tableau. But you do not need BI level experience!
- Writing SQL queries highly preferred
- Diverse background working in small to large organizations
You will fit this role if you have:
- Passion for Results: Maintain high standards for the individual, team and organizational accomplishment. Tenaciously work to meet or exceed challenging goals. Derive satisfaction from goal achievement and continuous improvement.
- Communication and Influence Skills: Clearly and succinctly convey information and ideas to individuals and groups; communicate in a focused and compelling way that draws and holds others’ attention. Create and execute influencing strategies that persuade key partners to take action towards advancing shared interests and business goals. Balance results with relationship.
- Analytical Skills: Secure and compare information from multiple sources to identify core issues. Commit to an action-plan after weighing alternative solutions against decision criteria. Enthusiastically and quickly make sense of complex issues. Respond effectively to complex and ambiguous situations.
- Eye for Business: Demonstrate a keen understanding of basic business operations and the organizational levers (systems, processes, departments and functions) that drive profitable growth. Draw from personal experience to quickly evaluate business plans and processes to identify data or recommendations that need further investigation.
- Decision Process: Use a factual approach to decision-making by systematically collecting valid and reliable data. Rely on the data rather than on emotions. Have the backbone to disagree and commit to the decisions towards better business outcomes.
- Bachelor’s Degree, or in lieu of, relevant and applicable experience
- Location: Seattle, WA USA
WHY JOIN US
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.