Sr. Product Manager - Cloud Observability at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We’re looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.Job Description
We're looking for a passionate, driven Senior Product Manager who can help us define product vision and provide thought leadership to deliver Observability and Cloud data logging offerings for the ServiceNow Cloud.
These services will enable internal operations and engineering teams to be more effective through real-time access to service telemetry and robust usage of advanced machine learning capabilities. The Senior Product Manager will drive roadmap priorities, define and deliver features (based on target personas) working with internal engineering teams (spread geographically), define and track KPIs focused on product and feature adoption, and write technical product updates as needed. This role provides a high-impact opportunity to work on solving tough data logging-related challenges in a high-energy, startup-like environment with experienced engineering leaders and a highly collaborative team.
What you get to do in this role:
- Conceptualize and drive execution of end-to-end data and analytics scenarios, dashboards, reports and metrics that leverage telemetry from ServiceNow farm.
- Partner with large number of internal customers to understand their data, Monitoring and reporting needs, prioritize and maintain a unified roadmap for the delivery of data, Monitoring & analytics scenarios.
- Enhance best practices with data modeling and maintain documentation on data ingestion pipelines, all sub-services and components and associated dependences and also our hot spots/gaps in monitoring.
- Strong Analytical and troubleshooting skills are critical for being successful
- Ongoing team wide communications with stakeholders on feature development progress and future roadmaps
- Work across a large-scale organization to coordinate delivery plans and also be able to set reasonable expectations
- Should be able to write User Stories to clearly articulate asks, convert them into development deliverables. Must be able to define clear unambiguous acceptance criterions
- Should be able to work with the dev team as a trusted partner and unblock them
- Be an active member of the team that contributes to the success of others and not just focused on self
- Drive continuous improvement on projects and develop repeatable processes that scale across teams and roll them out while looking for continuous improvements
- Operate with a Growth Mindset and demonstrated ability to Create Clarity, Generate Energy across teams and Deliver Success.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Minimum of 5 years hands-on experience with data analytics, statistics, data pipeline development, dashboards or reports development, ETL
- Exposure to new technologies like Machine Learning, AI and/or Big Data
- Strong experience in scoping and defining requirements for heavy volume data ingestion platforms
- 5-7 years’ experience with technical program management AND/OR Product Management , driving programs from concept to implementation, from ambiguous to crisp deliverables
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Data Science or a closely related field preferred, or equivalent experience.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment with a growth mindset, humility, dependability, and attention to detail
- Proven track record of driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts, and ensuring follow through with exceptional verbal and written communication
- Past experience working in Service Operations/SRE teams is a big plus
- Familiarity with commercial observability offerings such as Honeycomb, NewRelic, Datadog and/or Splunk is a plus.
- Past Experience working in Hadoop, Kafka, RabbitMQ, Tableau, PowerBI, SQL, Python or other equivalent languages
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.