Sr. Product Manager, Data & Insights
Do you love to tackle big problems? Are you passionate about presenting appealing, actionable insights derived from with massive datasets? Do you want to transform how millions of people engage with websites, apps, and bots through Conversational and Voice UI? If so, come talk to us!
We are redefining Customer Care for the travel industry, and need thoughtful, ambitious people who are also exceptional implementers. Global Customer Operations (GCO) provides the traveler and agent experiences that power over 100 million interactions in 22 languages each year. We are creating consumer-facing solutions so that travelers can help themselves – as well as an efficiency suite tailored to our service agents. We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to help build the data platform that provides analytics visualizations and the foundation for surfacing AI/ML discovered insights.
You are a creative leader who is collaborative and ready to deliver a strategically important area of our vision. You have a passion for delivering solutions in a fast-paced agile environment. Your ability to foster and maintain partner relationships is extraordinary, as is your manner of communicating effectively with everyone.
Join us. Help define the next generation of Customer Care solutions that will revolutionize travel across mobile, web, and voice. Collaborate with groups across the company including Expedia.com, Hotels.com, and Expedia Affiliate Network to fulfill this promise.
What you'll do
- Build product vision and guide execution through every stage of the software development lifecycle. Design a world-class product using competitive analysis, market and customer research and industry-leading standard methodologies
- Partner closely with engineering, UX, and business teams to deliver solutions that satisfy customer experience, business, and technology goals
- Build scalable architecture allowing other teams to utilize insights that enable conversation features while improving overall conversation quality
- Define a set of success metrics to measure customer happiness and business impact and elegantly present them for utilization in decision-making across disciplines and organizations
- Use excellent judgment in prioritizing between a focus on existing versus new customers and between features, architectural improvements and operational excellence
- Lead the organization through change, evolution, and growth. The right leader will evolve and scale the organization along with the business
Who you are
- 5+ years of product management and leadership experience
- Proven record of innovation, originality and “big thinking”
- A bias toward action and the ability break down complex problems into steps that drive product development at high speed
- Experience / understanding of agile development processes, cloud, voice experiences, machine learning, mobile applications, and consumer facing product delivery/scaling mechanisms
- Demonstrable success working with matrixed, geographically distributed technology development and operational teams
- An ability to bridge the technical and the commercial worlds as you design experiences that our customers love
- A bachelor’s degree (or relevant experience) in computer science, engineering, or a related major is desired. An advanced degree would improve the candidate’s qualifications
Why join us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.