Sr Product Manager, GFR PdM
The Accounting Product Management Team (PdM) serves as a strategic driver for organizational excellence to enhance execution management, organizational governance and strategic change leadership. PdM works across the Accounting organization to drive improvements in our service delivery model in close alignment with our Finance counterparts and Technology Team partners.
This Senior Product Manager role will manage the EPS [Expedia Partner Solutions] Program as an individual contributor in the Accounting organization for all EPS project initiatives. This PdM will lead the development of business requirements for projects across the Accounting stakeholders, communicate requirements cross functionally and work collaboratively with Technology to ensure Accounting requirements are met as part of the UAT process. This individual must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing and have a strong desire to provide outstanding service to all internal and external project stakeholders in becoming a trusted advisor to the customer.
Collaboration and strong partnering are “must-haves” and critical to the team’s success. This role is inherently cross functional and you will work closely with Product, Technology, Finance, Customer Operations, Data Warehouse (EDW) and the EPS Business owners. You will need to balance multiple competing priorities as you work to negotiate successful outcomes for all parties involved. The successful candidate will be highly motivated and resourceful, able to use creative problem-solving skills to manage simultaneous projects from project inception through project delivery.
What you'll do:
- Act as the product owner for the EPS Program in the Accounting Organization; develop & maintain the Accounting Delivery Roadmap & identify resourcing needs to support the approved roadmap.
- In alignment with EFI’s Finance Engagement Model, manage the Accounting Project Intake Process to identify clear project priorities at all times; manage trade-offs between cost, schedule and business benefit.
- Think strategically to ensure business objectives are met over the long term; provide input to stakeholders on strategic decisions that affect the Program(s) in the Accounting Portfolio.
- Lead the Annual Accounting Planning cycle for the EPS Program.
- Comply with the various SOX controls (i.e. as applicable to the PdM role).
- Lead the Weekly Key User Forum for the EPS Program focused on driving relevant project activity, problem resolution, feedback and fostering open communication within the cross-functional team
- Publish bi-weekly Accounting Portfolio status reports
- Lead the Accounting Business Requirements Process and the change management process to manage scope
- Own the Accounting UAT Project Effort
- Own the project plan updates for Accounting tasks
- Manage the Accounting Sign-Off/ Approval Process throughout the project’s lifecycle
- Conduct Training & Develop “Go-Live” Transition Documentation, as required
- Monitor production transactions (for Accounting scope) during the stabilization phase to ensure they meet all operational and business requirements and drive problem resolution, as required
- Actively contribute to our team's culture of having fun, embracing change and focusing on quality delivery!
Who you are:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or similar field.
- 5-8 years of Technical Accounting experience or 3-5 years of Big4 Audit Experience.
- Core Competencies Required for Role:
- Teamwork: Personable, positive, and enthusiastic team player who effectively interacts with peers, stakeholders and Technology/ other cross-functional partners to drive project delivery as well as resolve operational issues
- Communication: Excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing; polished presentation skills
- Technical Skills: Solid understanding of accounting principles
- A proven track record of delivering and supporting medium to large size projects
- Ability to creatively solve challenging business and/or technology problems
- Experience in effectively leading meetings
- Demonstrated experience developing robust business requirements and planning effective UATs
- Competency with project management: developing schedules and resource plans, issue/ risk identification and management, tracking dependencies/ milestones, communication of overall project status
- Expertise in MS suite of applications (e.g. PowerPoint, MS Project, Excel)
- Excellent organizational skills and work habits; strong attention to detail
- Driven to complete activities on time and draw issues to closure in a timely manner
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize workload effectively, and thrive in a dynamic and complex environment; demonstrate flexibility in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment
Preferred, but not required:
- 3-5 years of relative experience managing and supporting projects in a product manager role
- Master’s Degree
- E-commerce Experience
- Change Management Experience
- Business Process Mapping Experience
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world’s travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people’s lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you’re applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenter®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.