Sr. Product Manager, Media Solutions
Expedia Media Solutions is dedicated to building creative media partnerships for travel advertisers enabling them to use Expedia's network of leading travel brands and global sites. We have revolutionized the way brands reach and connect with online travel consumers, emerging as a leader in online advertising among travel and e-commerce brands. With a growing product portfolio offering a multitude of advertising and sponsorship opportunities, our Media Solutions team at Expedia has created a viable marketing platform for advertising partners to reach the 131 million worldwide monthly unique visitors that visit Expedia Group sites.
Expedia’s Media Solutions team is looking for an analytical, entrepreneurial, and creative Senior Product Manager to help grow our media business globally by delighting customers with innovative advertising solutions. As Senior Product Manager, Media Solutions, you collaborate closely with partners across various functional teams and brands within Expedia Group to find opportunities to optimize existing traffic and define key algorithmic logic requirements at a core platform level. You produce and defend business cases and think creatively about both algorithms, optimization models and placements. Are you able to operate resourcefully and independently in an ambiguous environment? Are you a strong product leader with a vision?
Collaboration is key to success on our team. The role is inherently cross functional. You will have the opportunity to collaborate closely with sales, product, engineering, analytics, finance, operations, data science teams, and external partners. You will balance multiple challenging priorities as you work to negotiate successful outcomes customers as well as advertisers, partners and Expedia Group. You are highly analytical and resourceful, able to use creative problem-solving skills to move quickly from ideation to implementation and/or resolution with a detailed understanding. You will need to demonstrate a bias to action, a high degree of focus and the ability to juggle several projects successfully while maintaining a strategic view of the Media Solutions business.
- Help define, develop and execute the vision, roadmap, and requirements for MeSo's audience, targeting, and ad performance platform solutions
- Analyze market and product trends, incorporating real-time feedback from global sales, advertisers, and other internal partners, as well as third-party market research
- Monitor product adoption, actively identifying optimization opportunities and making actionable recommendations to improve product adoption and effectiveness
- Identify process improvements in support of day-to-day ad operations
- Engage with sales on product support issues, troubleshooting as required to resolve data availability challenges
- Work with multiple constituencies, including Sales, Operations, and Product Marketing, to provide input on training, marketing content/collateral, and product rollout strategy and process
- Continually evaluate customer adoption of new products and product changes to win/retain more business
- Track sell-through and attach rates of targeting data, customer feedback, and ad performance issues
- Develop metrics and methodology to assess campaign performance
- Make thoughtful decisions, even when faced with ambiguity, where processes and the solution path are not yet established
- Lead multiple projects and details without losing site of the ‘big picture’
- Be a tireless advocate for Media Solutions interests and values in every interaction throughout the organization
- Be self-directed and able to move forward in a quick-paced, somewhat ambiguous environment where processes and procedures are not always completely documented
Skills and Requirements:
- Relevant work experience in digital advertising and product development as a Product Manager.
- Strong eye for detail, with a natural commitment to dig deep to thoroughly understand an issue before recommending a solution
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, with a demonstrated ability to use numbers and metrics to back up assumptions and evaluate outcomes; experience with financial modeling and statistics is a plus
- Shown ability to work with multiple internal organizations requiring clear communication, evangelism and compromise
- Experience working directly with sales, engineering, analytics and operations teams
- Strong project management skills; ability to prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced dynamic environment across various teams and time zones, with a strong bias for action
- Superb verbal and written communication skills, capable of interacting across all levels of the organization and with external partners
- Understanding of paid search/CPC advertising a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where extraordinary people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.