Kindle has changed the way books are published, sold and read across the globe. Independent authors are now able to publish and sell direct to readers through Kindle and print-on-demand offerings, enabling them to reach audiences like never before. Kindle readers are able to download any book in any language in sixty seconds. Come be a part of changing the way the world reads.
This position is for the Kindle Publisher Trust team, whose mission is to provide superior reading experience for all eBooks on our customers’ Kindle devices and applications by partnering with publishers and authors. We strive to build and enhance mechanisms to enable publishers and authors create eBooks with the right layouts, typography and fonts for a great and coherent experience across devices. The Senior Product Manager in this role would work closely with publishers and internal stakeholders for one of the top strategic markets for our business.
As a Senior Product Manager (Technical), you will define, execute, and deliver a product roadmap with the goal of earning the trust of our publishers and authors to deliver the best experience for our reading customers. You will strongly influence the strategy and vision for the group. You will develop and look after product roadmaps and features based on team strategy and vision. This role is inherently cross-functional -- you will work closely with engineering, business, operations, vendor management and executive teams to launch features and build tools and mechanisms. A successful candidate will be highly analytical, able to work extremely effectively in a matrix organization, and adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into high quality, simple product, features and applications.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
· Work closely with engineering teams and program management to deliver products to market
· Make thoughtful trade-offs among a diverse set of teams and priorities
· Defining strategic, creative, high quality product roadmaps based on team strategy and vision supported by internal and external analysis
· Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team’s ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals
· Crisply and clearly framing hotly debated and high stakes decisions for senior leadership. Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners.
· Drive product launches including working with public relations team, executives, and other product management team members
Bachelor’s degree or higher with a technical discipline
· 5+ years of professional experience with 2+ years of consumer/enterprise facing product management experience
· Experience working with cross-functional teams to deliver products and projects on tight deadlines
· Experience coordinating product development cycles and software development schedules
· Demonstrated track record of delivering large, cross-functional, complex customer facing products
· Experience working on agile enabled teams.
· Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment where tactical and strategic initiatives are driven in parallel.
· Extreme curiosity, a bias for action, and appetite for learning and growth
· Demonstrated ability to engage and influence people and teams at every level in the organization
· Strong verbal/written communication and data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
· Experience in managing or delivering products in security domain would be a plus (not a must requirement)
· Prior experience working in a software engineering discipline would be a plus (not a must requirement)
· Demonstrated track record of creative problem solving; thinks big, starts small, grows fast