Discovery hires the very best and brightest talent who are enthusiastic and passionate to fulfill the company’s mission of empowering people to explore their world and satisfy their curiosity.
In exchange for their talent and drive, employees are provided with an engaging, diverse workplace and the resources they need to learn, thrive and grow in their careers.
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel. Available in 220 countries and territories and 50 languages, Discovery reaches viewers on all screens and services, from free-to-air and pay-TV channels, to digital products and streaming services, to social and mobile-first content and formats. Discovery delivers over 8,000 hours of original programming each year.
Discovery's Digital group is a well-funded start-up within Discovery Inc. We are fast, nimble, and have fun developing new, innovative, and immersive digital products and content for iconic brands. We are working at the crossroads of technology, entertainment, and everyday utility. As content creators across the digital ecosystem, we continuously leverage our technology to create immersive viewing and interactive experiences. We tell engaging stories to millions of viewers across the Internet every day and bring new interactive experiences to life to not only entertain but improve the lives of our customers.
Discovery is looking for a Senior Manager, Product Design, for the Digital and Direct-to-Consumer business for Magnolia, a joint venture partnership between Discovery, Inc. and Chip and Joanna Gaines. In this role you’ll help create delightful, cross-platform experiences to improve the lives of Magnolia fans. Under the direction of the VP of Product Design, this role will lead projects across the entire product lifecycle and multiple product launches. You’ll inspire members of your team and colleagues to develop award-winning products, interfaces and experiences.
• Understand the Magnolia fans and their values deeply; always fiercely advocate from their perspective.
• Lead/Manage large-scale, high-priority projects from concept to launch, and continue to iterate as needed
• Manage the day-to-day work streams on multiple projects
• Think systematically; streamline interaction patterns across the product yet optimize for each platform.
• Identify/pursue new targets and opportunities that will advance organizational business goals.
• Identify gaps and anticipate risks; take action to address design risks & determine solutions.
• Tracks team design progress, manages resource allocation and escalates issues and risks.
• Lead team through multi-platform design challenges/obstacles via positive creative solutions.
• Inspire/mentor others on design teams and other creative teams within the organization
- You have at least 5 years of experience as a Design Manager within a large-scale consumer facing organization, agency or multi-platform initiative
- You are fluent in best practices for cross-platform design, as well as usability principles and techniques.
- Experience managing high performance teams of 3 or more designers across internal and external teams
- You are able to communicate complex, interactive design concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences.
- You have deep empathy for customers and other humans.
- You see the big picture, yet have great attention to detail.
- You’ve shipped many consumer products over the years, with a strong portfolio that demonstrates your digital product and interaction work.
- You have experience working with a cross-functional team across product, engineering, business and marketing to solve difficult problems and deliver compelling products.
- You have a people-focused design mentality. You are constantly looking to hone your design instinct through user feedback. Whether through hands-on user research, or by designing options for an A/B test.
- You have a proactive attitude and strong time management skills. You share suggestions and take initiative for what needs to be done, rather than wait for detailed instructions.
- You’re comfortable working in a fast-changing environment where continuous innovation is valued.
Discovery Communications, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including but not limited to all local Fair Chance Ordinances.
EEO is the Law
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application process, please send an email request to [email protected]
Nearest Major Market: Seattle
Nearest Secondary Market: Bellevue