Sr. Technical Product Manager
ExpediaAre you an agile TPM looking to grow your skill set, invent new technology and work with an engaged team of developers and engineers? Do you have a desire to drive a devops team focused on automation, continuous delivery and platform monitoring?Expedia eCommerce Platform - eCP
Expedia, Inc. is revolutionizing travel through the power of technology, and the eCP team is at the heart of that mission. eCP provides a premier platform of eCommerce technologies and services operating at global scale to support our rapidly growing family of brands.
Together, we enable each of our customer transactions to flow seamlessly from the click of the 'book' button on one of our brand sites all the way through to a magnificent travel experience. By bringing together product, technology and operations, we accelerate innovation, enable test and learn, and constantly push ourselves to evolve and innovate for the business.
eCP – eIT Hybrid Infrastructure
The eIT organization is looking for an experienced TPM on their Hybrid Infrastructure team. We build and support automation tools that free up our engineers to focus on exciting projects and initiatives that bring business value. We own and administer configuration management tools to ensure continuous compliance both on prem and in the cloud. We are committed to building solutions with a core focus on our customers and products. We deliver solutions with automation, self-service capabilities and cloud based technologies.
The primary goal of a TPM is to create a safe and fun environment for the team to learn and deliver. You will coach, guide, suggest, and support the team. You believe that the most effective teams own their own destiny and are empowered to accomplish their goals.
Who you are:
- Have a keen sense of team dynamics and how to continually tune and improve the team's process to keep things running optimally
- You are driven to create outstanding customer experiences
- You are good at understanding an entire problem and rallying a team to solve it
- You believe strongly in the idea of servant leadership
- You have had success turning complex business requirements into clear but comprehensive technical specifications
What you'll do:
- Facilitate planning, retrospectives, and other meetings necessary to keep the team in sync
- Work with the product and engineering teams to understand the business problem and break it into user stories
- Partner with the Product Manager in defining the business value of our product strategy
- seeCollaborate with partner teams to identify future needs and prioritize development and delivery
- Develop a disciplined approach to improving team abilities and efficiency
- You will identify the metrics that matter and use them to drive team progress
- Actively identify and resolve potential roadblocks
- Experience building strong relationships across different functions in the team and across parts of the organization
- 5+ years of technical product management experience
- 5+ years with agile/scrum/modern agile development practices
- Ability to handle large, complex products in a rapidly changing environment
- Strong analytical abilities, using tools and data to evaluate team success, process changes as well as the customer impact of feature delivery
- Experience with VMware, containers (docker, kubernetes), Jenkins, Chef, familiarity with CI/CD
- Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
- Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.