Sr. Technical Product Manager
Our team is looking for a passionate Sr. Technical Product Manager (TPM) to join the Haystack team. You will have an opportunity to work Expedia's own open-source tracing tool called "Haystack".
What is Haystack? Haystack is a distributed tracing and analysis system used by developers and operations of multiple Expedia Group brands. This platform supports about 1 million requests per second and hundreds of services and teams worldwide. It is the first Expedia Group platform that was developed from scratch as an open source and recognized by some of the leaders who work in this space in the industry.
What you will do:
- You will plan and manage the workstream for an India and US-based team working on core platform technologies
- You will drive initiatives across the engineering organization to optimize, restructure, and upgrade fundamental components of Expedia's technology
- You will triage support requests from teams around the world
- You will engage with the development community to understand how we can better serve them
- You will work with other platform teams in other offices to avoid overlapping work and help provide overall visibility
Who you are:
- Be part of a highly driven and creative team
- Focus on improving the availability of the globes largest travel platform to travelers and partners
- With business partners across the Expedia brands and turn their needs into innovative platform capabilities
- Be the public face for the platform to both internal and external (open source) user communities and actively engage in evangelizing the platform in tech conferences
- Able to track many concurrent issues of varying priority and follow-up on them
- Over-communicate to affected parties
- Adjust well to constantly changing priorities
- Anticipate blocking issues and identify bottlenecks
- Get a concise status update out of developers that are buried deep in a problem
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.