Staff Product Designer - Supply Chain (Contractor) at Chewy
Chewy is dedicated to being the most trusted and convenient online destination for pet parents (and partners), everywhere. The Chewy Product Design and Research team embraces this vision, crafting experiences that aim to delight customers (and the businesses and veterinarians that support them) with unprecedented ease and convenience, empowering them to keep their pets happy and healthy. We are a hard-working, collaborative, and fun-loving team of designers, researchers and builders, on the lookout for creative and driven talent to join the pack.
We are seeking a Staff Product Designer - Supply Chain (Contract) to join our team in Boston, MA. Our Enterprise Product Design team partners with Engineering, Product Management, Analytics, and business leaders across Chewy. We're building enterprise technology that allows both Chewtopians and Chewy Partners to succeed in large scale complex environments, solving important end-user problems in elegant, scalable, and measurable ways. As part of our Product Design team, the ideal candidate will bring a forward-thinking design aesthetic, demonstrated knowledge of industry best practices, and the drive to deliver results as part of a dynamic, cross-functional team.
This technology team ensures the right products are in stock, in the right places, at the right time, with the right cost profile to enable valuable delivery experiences for our customers and differentiated value for our partners and carriers. We power availability, speed, and cost reduction across the value chain, from forecast to home delivery.
What You’ll Do:
- Earn trust and collaborate with product managers, developers, content strategists, user researchers, and other designers to define, discover, and deliver designs that achieve user needs, business goals, and are technically feasible to implement
- Put the Customers first and utilize design thinking principles to work through all facets of the product design life cycle, from defining the right problem, to discovery for possible solutions and concept ideation, to delivering full-fidelity prototype designs. Enabling you to build engaging user experiences for multiple user groups that solve business objectives with purpose and simplicity
- Deliver results by presenting viable solutions that accomplish best in a class user experience and solve for business needs. You will also articulate your design process, and decisions to internal stakeholders including senior leadership executives
- Operate at depth by attending and actively participating in brainstorming, daily stand-ups, grooming, planning, and other team meetings. You may also hold workshops with your team to help shape, define, and align on how you solve problems together
- Debate openly by advocating for the right solutions for the best experience, performing design reviews and providing feedback to software developers, product managers and other designers during the product development process
- Act like an owner on the team to deliver work that you are proud to have your name on. Foster Chewy’s culture and principles within the group while setting new standards in executional and operational excellence
What You’ll Need:
- The ideal candidate will have worked in user experience design groups in large, product-based organizations; they would also have experience working in a complex environment, with a proven ability to consider the impact of their decisions, past their own products
- Expertise in producing impactful deliverables and communicating their benefit and how they help solve a problem
- An online portfolio that demonstrates an unfailing advocacy for the user, highlighting detailed site maps, task flows, user journeys, service blueprints, information architecture, wireframes, annotations, and prototypes that represent interactions and recommendations and shows us what your thought process is
- Strong skills in modern design principles, as well as experience with modern design tools like Figma
- A passion for building functional and engaging user experiences with a strong user-centered focus
- Ample experience collaborating across multiple stakeholder groups, communicating with diverse audiences, and balancing/negotiating priorities
- A total of 12+ years of experience in Product Design that includes leading large-scale initiatives and previous experience in enterprise is preferred
- Position may require travel