Team Lead, Product Analytics at PitchBook
At PitchBook we work to provide global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. We credit our success and rapid growth to our cutting-edge products, customer centered attitude and ability to embrace and drive change.
In just over a decade, PitchBook has reached over 1,300 global employees with offices worldwide, and we're not slowing down! Consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work, our culture is at the heart of our success and is driven by excellence, inclusion and fun. At PitchBook we're committed to fostering an open and collaborative work environment.
About the Role:
Product Analysts at PitchBook are responsible for anything and everything regarding our usage data; from how it is implemented to the delivery of thoughtful analysis that is actionable by product and business leaders. We are looking for a leader to manage a small team of product analysts and drive better product outcomes by providing detailed insights into our clients' behavior. You will help product managers refine their questions into measurable indicators and turn ambiguous data into actionable insights about our customers. If successful, your work will influence the direction of the product roadmap and business investments.
The team oversees usage data collection, creates insightful performance indicators and delivers actionable analysis across the organization to drive better product & data outcomes. The team works closely with Product Managers, Engineering and Business Intelligence oversees our analytical tools stack. The team regularly reports on Product KPIs to leadership and is a driver of strategic analysis across the organization.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Work with Product Management teams to discuss prioritization and any potential conflicts in usage data related tasks
- Collaborate with Business Intelligence and engineering to create simple, scalable data pipelines, tracking frameworks and automated reporting
- Produce and maintain Product KPI dashboards that inform product teams if their work is hitting the mark
- Present exploratory findings to senior leadership team and broader product team regularly
- Develop a deep understanding of all 3rd party analytics tools the Product team uses and be able to organize and lead trainings on all tools
- Create and maintain documentation for usage data and tracking best practices
- Maintain ongoing relationships with 3rd party software/analytics providers and continuously research new providers when necessary (including Tableau, Mixpanel, FullStory, etc.)
- Regularly meet with usage data software development team to discuss team vision, goals, usage data roadmap and lead prioritization of all tasks as they relate to usage data
- Communicate technical requirements and details to key stakeholders and engineering teams
- Provide quarterly usage data updates to the entire Product department as well as all stakeholders on the executive leadership team
- Hire, mentor, grow and retain a team of product analysts
- Be the primary point of contact for usage data and analytics related inquiries across PitchBook
- Lead product analytics team in large strategic analyses and provide guidance on methodology, tools and potentials outputs
- 4+ years working as a data analyst. Able to easily extract key takeaways from data
- Exceptional at both reading and writing complex SQL queries
- 2+ years visualizing data and creating metric dashboards/reports in Tableau or Power BI
- Ability to set personal and team deadlines and prioritize tasks across the entire Product Analytics team
- Detail-Oriented: willing to roll up the sleeves to drudge through ambiguous datasets and ensure reporting accuracy
- Experience mentoring Analysts or leading a team of Analysts. Ability to set personal and team deadlines and prioritize tasks across the entire Product Analytics team
- Firm grasp of mathematical concepts and the common pitfalls of data analysis
- Exceptional interpersonal skills allowing you to influence senior leaders
- Experience using analytics software (Mixpanel, FullStory)
- Knowledge of least one scripting language is preferred
- Degree in a quantitative field like Math, Physics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, or equivalent work experience