Technical Product Manager - Developer Platform
Who we are:
Rover.com connects pet parents with the nation’s largest network of pet sitters and dog walkers. On Rover, pet parents can easily discover, book, and manage personalized care for their dogs including pet sitting, dog walking, and doggy day care. Founded in 2011 on the belief that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the unconditional love of a dog, Rover improves and simplifies life for pet parents and the dogs they love.
We're headquartered in downtown Seattle. We're an agile, fast-growing startup, and our leadership comes from some of the country's most respected tech companies. We've been named among Seattle's "Best Places to Work" in Seattle Met magazine, Seattle Business Magazine, and the Puget Sound Business Journal." We're also a recipient of Seattle Business Magazine's 2015 Tech Impact Awards. Needless to say (but we're going to say it anyway)—we love dogs, and we wouldn't dream of going to work without them by our sides.
Who we're looking for:
Rover seeks a passionate, experienced Technical Product Manager to facilitate the development of our developer platform. This position is responsible for understanding the needs of our internal engineering organization and devising projects to meet those needs.
This position is responsible for prioritizing the efforts of both or Developer Tooling team and our Backend Platform teams. You should have excellent technical communications standards and should be able to understand the impediments engineers face and tools that can be provided to remove the issues that impede their productivity. You should bring a customer centric focus to this role and focus on how we can impact the productivity of our team through improvements to our CI/CD system, developer environment, and staging environments. You are data focused and driven to measure the impact of the teams efforts.
Our Backend Platform team is responsible for efforts to ensure the long term stability and scalability of our systems. You must be data and observability savvy and able to digest technical data and performance metrics to and work as a partner with engineering to act on long term trends before they become a threat.
This role will have three primary areas of focus:
1. Improving the Rover dev environment and CI/CD reliability and efficiency
2. Identifying early signs of scaling issues across multiple services
3. Supporting platform initiatives that impact the customer facing view and arranging stakeholders
- Propose projects for developer tooling and application scalability
- Work with engineering stakeholders to find and define requirements for projects
- Track and monitor project progress in a collaborative and transparent way
- Monitor appropriate application KPI's to ensure the long term health of our application systems
- Architect solutions for appropriate processes and drive innovation across the team
- Proactively seek out problems and design solutions for those issues
- Facilities discussion across teams discussing ways to improve the developer platform organization’s product offering to the business
- Bachelor's Degree in CS, Project Management or related field or equivalent experience
- Experience defining products for internal customers
- Very comfortable with SQL, Graphite/DataDog/Tableau or other data visualization tools
- Thorough understanding of a large array of IT processes and best practices
- Strong organizational skills
- Skill with multiple project management methodologies including Agile
- Superior communication, influencing and interpersonal skills
- Ability to match the needed communication style to the situation
Why we'll hire you:
- You employ a variety of flexible frameworks to manage the deluge of inputs into the organization
- You can communicate easily with technical and the non-technical people
- Given a problem, you look for multiple solutions and know the pros and cons to each
- You can go get the data you need and can whip it into an insightful story with no help.
- You believe in our mission as a company
Benefits of Working at Rover.com
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- 4 weeks paid time off
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs)
- Free catered lunches semi-monthly
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more
- 50 free dog walks a year
Rover embraces diversity and opposes discrimination.
This position is based at Rover HQ in Downtown Seattle.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the US.
Read Full Job Description