Who we are:
Rover.com connects pet parents with the world’s largest network of pet sitters and dog walkers. On Rover, pet parents can easily discover, book, and manage personalized care for their dogs including pet sitting, dog walking, and doggy day care. Founded in 2011 on the belief that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the unconditional love of a dog, Rover improves and simplifies life for pet parents and the dogs they love.
Our global headquarters are in Seattle, Washington in the United States, working closely with our teams in Spokane, Berlin, London, and Barcelona. We have a track record of being recognized as a great place to work, having been named among Seattle's 'Best Places to Work' in Seattle Business Magazine and the Puget Sound Business Journal for three years running. We're an agile, fast-growing company, and our leadership comes from some of the world's most respected tech companies. Our pioneering approach to people and pups alike landed us on the list of GeekWire’s Next Tech Titan in 2019 and the World's Most Innovative Companies in 2018 by Fast Company. Needless to say (but we're going to say it anyway)—we love dogs, and we wouldn't dream of going to work without them by our sides.
Who we're looking for:
Rover is seeking an experienced TPM to help guide the technical direction and manage the projects for the emerging Information Security Program at Rover.com. This individual will oversee projects centered on application security, detection and response, corporate network security, and domestic/international compliance frameworks.
The ideal candidate has prior experience as a technical contributor in the security space, managing complex projects across organizational groups. You will work directly with leadership to develop a vision for Rover's long-term information security architecture and coordinate evolving the program in that direction. This position will require knowledge of security controls and detection techniques employed in corporate networks, AWS infrastructure, and complex applications. Given the wide reach of information security in a technology company this role will involve investigating needs, developing requirements, advocating for and driving projects across groups of all levels of technical experience and specialities.
This is a new team working in a new space so the ideal candidate will be comfortable with complex work, ambiguity, switching between the big picture and detailed tasks, is willing to adapt to a changing landscape, and most of all is someone who enjoys a challenge!
- Develop the long-term vision for Rover's information security program, detection and response capabilities, cloud security controls, and corporate network security capabilities in collaboration with technical leadership
- Engage with internal stakeholders to form relationships, understand their needs and gather requirements that balance information security initiatives with business needs
- Lead execution of a wide range of projects touching every aspect of the company
- Conduct ad-hoc data analysis for investigation and quantification of security posture and impact, developing metrics to evaluate progress, capabilities, and goals
- Understand needs from compliance obligations and translate those into actionable security tasks
- 3+ years working in an engineering/software development capacity
- 3+ years in the security industry or working on security related projects
- 3+ years of project management experience
- Strong business acumen including excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong ability to comprehend Rover's business needs and information security goals
- Experience with large scale cloud-based application deployments
- Experience determining effective KPIs and measuring program success
- The ideal candidate has experience with AWS and Python
Benefits of Working at Rover.com:
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- 4 weeks paid time off
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs)
- Free catered lunches semi-monthly
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more
- 50 free dog walks a year (Seattle only - for now!)
Rover embraces diversity and opposes discrimination.
This position is based at Rover HQ in Downtown Seattle.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the US.