Technical Product Manager - Payments & Finance
This role will primarily focus on:
- Work with the Product Manager, stakeholders and Engineering Manager to deliver accurate financial reporting and push the state of the art in payments for Rover customers.
- Turn often complex requirements into clear and comprehensive functional specifications.
- Understand the business and technical landscape, initially in the payments space, to inform opportunities and prioritization, in partnership with product
- Support epics, write clearly defined stories, and plan sprints to help facilitate timely delivery of functionality
- Lead estimation and deliver results that blow people away
- Help coordinate and project manage work across different engineering teams to meet challenging deadlines without affecting committed project dates.
- Own making sure customer affecting issues are surfaced and fixed to deliver the best end user experience.
- Work closely with the Product Manager to plan, execute and update roadmaps for the critically important Payments area.
- Provide schedule and status details of in-flight initiatives to broader tech management to allow effective resource forecasting.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Business or a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- Exposure to Technical Platform Design (APIs, Workflow Design, Documentation, etc.)
- Experience with managing and coordinating with both internal stakeholders and vendors
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Experience with rapidly scaling startups
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills with strong technical abilities
- Experience managing large technical projects across multiple teams, PMP or similar Project Management certification would be a plus
Your bonus skills:
- Understanding of Marketplaces and trends in the ‘Sharing Economy’.
- Experience working in and/or very closely with Product Management roles.
- Expertise in Payments, Accounting or other related areas
- Hands-on experience with software engineering and/or an exceptionally accurate instinct for technical estimation.
Why we'll hire you:
- You're biased toward action, a great collaborator, and master disambiguator/simplifier. You never stop pushing towards clarity and delivery.
- You can help coordinate complex projects to meet tight deadlines
- You know how to get the right people in the room to drive decisions forward
- You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on, you persevere when others fall away.
- You have a true passion for Rover’s mission and values.
Benefits of working at Rover.com:
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting a dog
- Free doggy PTO and dog walks
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs)
- Free catered lunches on Tuesdays
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more