Technical Product Manager - Payments & Finance at Rover
Sorry, this job was removed at 1:12 p.m. (PST) on Wednesday, August 7, 2019
Who we are:
Rover.com connects pet parents with the world’s largest network of pet sitters and dog walkers. On Rover, pet parents can easily discover, book, and manage personalized care for their dogs including pet sitting, dog walking, and doggy day care. Founded in 2011 on the belief that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the unconditional love of a dog, Rover improves and simplifies life for pet parents and the dogs they love.
Our global headquarters are in Seattle, Washington in the United States, working closely with our teams in Spokane, Berlin, London, and Barcelona. We have a track record of being recognized as a great place to work, having been named among Seattle's 'Best Places to Work' in Seattle Business Magazine and the Puget Sound Business Journal for three years running. We're an agile, fast-growing company, and our leadership comes from some of the world's most respected tech companies. Our pioneering approach to people and pups alike landed us on the list of GeekWire’s Next Tech Titan in 2019 and the World's Most Innovative Companies in 2018 by Fast Company. Needless to say (but we're going to say it anyway)—we love dogs, and we wouldn't dream of going to work without them by our sides.
Who we’re looking for:
The Payments Technical Product Manager is responsible for ensuring we have an efficient and reliable payments platform and financial reporting at Rover. You will partner closely with Accounting, Finance, Product Management, and Software Developers to design, build, and maintain a platform for payment and financial reporting.
This role will primarily focus on:
- Work with the Product Manager, stakeholders and Engineering Manager to deliver accurate financial reporting and push the state of the art in payments for Rover customers.
- Turn often complex requirements into clear and comprehensive functional specifications.
- Understand the business and technical landscape, initially in the payments space, to inform opportunities and prioritization, in partnership with product
- Support epics, write clearly defined stories, and plan sprints to help facilitate timely delivery of functionality
- Lead estimation and deliver results that blow people away
- Help coordinate and project manage work across different engineering teams to meet challenging deadlines without affecting committed project dates.
- Own making sure customer affecting issues are surfaced and fixed to deliver the best end user experience.
- Work closely with the Product Manager to plan, execute and update roadmaps for the critically important Payments area.
- Provide schedule and status details of in-flight initiatives to broader tech management to allow effective resource forecasting.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Business or a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- Exposure to Technical Platform Design (APIs, Workflow Design, Documentation, etc.)
- Experience with managing and coordinating with both internal stakeholders and vendors
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Experience with rapidly scaling startups
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills with strong technical abilities
- Experience managing large technical projects across multiple teams, PMP or similar Project Management certification would be a plus
Your bonus skills:
- Understanding of Marketplaces and trends in the ‘Sharing Economy’.
- Experience working in and/or very closely with Product Management roles.
- Expertise in Payments, Accounting or other related areas
- Hands-on experience with software engineering and/or an exceptionally accurate instinct for technical estimation.
Why we'll hire you:
- You're biased toward action, a great collaborator, and master disambiguator/simplifier. You never stop pushing towards clarity and delivery.
- You can help coordinate complex projects to meet tight deadlines
- You know how to get the right people in the room to drive decisions forward
- You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on, you persevere when others fall away.
- You have a true passion for Rover’s mission and values.
Benefits of working at Rover.com:
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting a dog
- Free doggy PTO and dog walks
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs)
- Free catered lunches on Tuesdays
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more
This position is based at Rover HQ in Downtown Seattle.
Competitive salary & benefits depending on experience.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the US.
Read Full Job Description