Who we are:
Rover.com connects pet parents with the nation’s largest network of pet sitters and dog walkers. On Rover, pet parents can easily discover, book, and manage personalized care for their dogs including pet sitting, dog walking, and doggy day care. Founded in 2011 on the belief that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the unconditional love of a dog, Rover improves and simplifies life for pet parents and the dogs they love.
We're headquartered in downtown Seattle. We're an agile, fast-growing startup, and our leadership comes from some of the country's most respected tech companies. We've been named among Seattle's "Best Places to Work" in Seattle Met magazine, Seattle Business Magazine, and the Puget Sound Business Journal." We're also a recipient of Seattle Business Magazine's 2015 Tech Impact Awards. Needless to say (but we're going to say it anyway)—we love dogs, and we wouldn't dream of going to work without them by our sides.
Who we're looking for:
Rover is seeking an experienced TPM to help guide the technical direction of the server-side platform that drives the Rover.com web, iOS, and Android experiences.
The ideal candidate has significant prior experience as a technical contributor and in a TPM role. You will work directly with leadership to develop a vision for Rover's long-term technical architecture and coordinate evolving the software in that direction.
The primary initial focus will be on the central components of Rover's booking engine but will also include increasing the modularity of Rover's systems and laying the groundwork for rapid service development.
- Develop the long-range vision for Rover's core booking engine, communication backend, APIs, and reusable service components in collaboration with technical leadership
- Deeply engage with internal stakeholders to form relationships, understand their needs and gather requirements
- Own making that vision a reality with Rover's platform engineering team
- Lead execution of a wide range of projects with stakeholder engineering teams
- Conduct ad-hoc data analysis for investigation and quantification of business impact.
- 5+ years working in an engineering/software development capacity
- 3+ years in a TPM or similar role
- Strong business acumen including excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong ability to comprehend Rover's business needs and translate those into software deliverables
- Experience with large scale cloud-based application development
- Experience determining effective KPIs and measuring program success
- The ideal candidate has experience with AWS, SOA, and Python
Benefits of Working at Rover.com
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- 4 weeks paid time off
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs)
- Free catered lunches semi-monthly
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more
- 50 free dog walks a year
Rover embraces diversity and opposes discrimination.
This position is based at Rover HQ in Downtown Seattle.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the US.