Technical Product Manager, Salesforce.com
Expedia Media Solutions, the advertising arm of Expedia Group, offers digital marketing solutions that allow brands to reach, engage and influence the most qualified audience of travelers around the world (for more information, visit advertising.expedia.com)., While we are part of one of the world's largest travel companies, our group is very independent and able to be quite nimble in our approach.
We seek a Technical Product Manager to design Salesforce.com solutions from inception to deployment. This is a new role as we evolve our development model from external consultants to fully internal team of admins and developers who are re-imagining, re-designing, and re-engineering how we use Salesforce across two distinct instances.
This position is an excellent opportunity if you are passionate about joining a team focused on making foundational investments to support a growing business. As a smaller group within Expedia we offer much creativity in this role; you will wear many hats and have strong ownership of our direction. You will be a champion for scalable solutions and help minimize technical debt.
You have a diverse background in business and product management and deep knowledge of all things Salesforce. You understand product development and you are technical enough to know when to dig further and ask the right questions. You are an effective communicator, able to connect product managers, business users, Salesforce administrators and developers in streamlining our overall Salesforce development process and product. You flourish in simplifying complexity and understand the importance of "just enough process". You have experience with tools, systems, technology, and services. You build bridges and remove barriers.
You will work closely with sales, operations, finance and product teams to construct Salesforce product roadmaps and define detailed product specifications, assist with the design, development and launch of new products, features, enhancements and improvements, and serve as the technical “subject matter expert” for the Salesforce architecture and technology.
- Lead technical requirements sessions, making technology easily understandable for end users, act as a liaison between the business and our internal development team
- Perform gap analysis of requirements, develop overall solution design and recommendations, conduct design review meetings and lead the technical design and architecture of the instance
- Write comprehensive design specifications (functional specifications and solution/technical design documents)
- Responsible for coordinating implementation and management of Salesforce engineering environment
- Provide technical leadership and hands-on mentorship to engineers, who can work towards solution development and successful delivery of project engagement
- Partner with Salesforce Sr. Manager to drive overall Salesforce strategy, objectives, and key results
- Build, document and maintain standards, policies, and methodologies
Strengths you will need:
- Ability to context-switch quickly and think and speak in abstract terms
- Passionate about technology and Salesforce, keeping up-to-date week-by-week
- Practical knowledge of agile application development, SDLC processes, and project management methodologies
- Able to simplify the complex
- Transparency and humility
- Understanding of balance
- A learning mindset
- 6+ years experience working with Salesforce.com technical and strategic system architecture space with a focus on Salesforce.com and cloud technologies
- Proven experience in owning the direction and implementation of Salesforce.com solutions
- Strong knowledge of Salesforce.com development and software quality assurance standard methodologies
- Deep expertise in Integration, Data migration, and architectural design
- Proficiency using Force.com platform, Salesforce APIs, and SOQL
- Familiarity of advertising and media buy/sell preferred
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or technical field preferred
- Advanced Salesforce Certifications (Advanced Platform Developer and/or Technical Architect) highly preferred.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.