Technical Product Manager, XR (AR/VR) Platforms
As a Technical Product Manager at Unity, your goal will be to provide a deep and objective understanding of how our product is used, what challenges we face in the market, and how we can best help our game developers realize their creative visions. This position relies heavily on technical expertise as Unity is an engineering led organization. Your role will include gathering detailed data and feedback used to shape our XR roadmap. This is an opportunity to blend your technical skills and understanding of the games industry to help champion its future.
In this role, you will be the primary Product Manager guiding our XR platform work. This includes engaging with the largest XR platform vendors to keep things aligned and collaborating with our engineering organization to provide user stories, user cases, and market data. This will involve liaising with game studios, both at indie and enterprise level, in addition to extracting meaningful data from community and internal databases. The primary goal is to ensure our solutions remain market leading and take full advantage of all the capabilities the platforms have to offer.
- Working with XR platform partners to ensure that engineering is aware of upcoming changes and ongoing support requirements
- Be a technical authority on the competitive landscape within which Unity operates and provide those insights to internal teams
- Work alongside our Engineer and Product Marketing teams to develop roadmaps for innovative game technology which includes planning, feature definition, development of the commercial case, and helping to execute the market release
- Track product and feature performance and identify key performance indicators
- Represent the product as a spokesperson and knowledgeable authority with clients, suppliers, the press, and strategic partners
- Experience in software development using C++, C# or another major language
- Technical product management experience in a leading gaming or platform development business
- Experience successfully developing and guiding new product feature delivery, including a proven ability to champion product enhancements through to successful launch
- Experience in releasing software on XR platforms
- A solid understanding of modern techniques used to develop software at scale
- Excellent product management, communication, and leadership skills
- Excellent collaborator that works well in team environments
- Robust business judgment and have the ability to build a business case around a product or service
- BSc/BA or equivalent experience required
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s most widely-used real-time 3D (RT3D) development platform, providing content creators around the world with the tools they need to build rich, interactive 2D, 3D, VR and AR experiences. In fact, apps made with Unity reach 2.7 billion devices worldwide, and were installed more than 24 billion times in the last 12 months.
The global engineering team keeps Unity at the forefront of technology and — working alongside partners like Magic Leap, Google, Facebook, Oculus and Microsoft — ensures optimized support for the latest technology and platforms. Unity is powering the real-time revolution, expanding beyond games and breaking into other industries including automotive, film, architecture, engineering, construction and more.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.