Technical Product Manager
Accolade is a personalized health and benefits solution that dramatically improves the experience, outcomes and cost of healthcare for employers, health plans and their members. With a unique blend of compassionate advisors, clinical experts and intelligent technologies, we engage individuals and families in their health, establish trust, and influence their decisions at every stage of care. Accolade connects the widest array of personal health data and programs to present a single point of contact to the most effective health and benefits resources, while coordinating with providers at every step. Accolade consistently achieves 70 and higher Net Promoter Scores, 98% consumer satisfaction ratings, and up to 15% employer cost savings. Accolade has been recognized as one of the nation’s 25 most promising companies by Forbes, a fastest-growing private healthcare company by Inc. 5000, and is consistently rated a Top Workplace across the country. For more information, visit accolade.com.
The Accolade Technical Product Management team focuses on the success of the Accolade Cloud Platform. We are an extremely entrepreneurial and collaborative group of individuals who love to lead, learn and innovate. We work integrally with product managers, infrastructure engineering, software developers, and other stakeholders to manage cross-functional programs and services covering a range of areas. We anticipate and aggressively remove obstacles that slow down or prevent programs from delivering and continually drive for clarity to keep teams moving forward.
In this role you will work with key stakeholders including product management, engineering and architecture to derive technical requirements from business requirements. We’re looking for an analytical, problem-solving product manager with strong technical knowledge and experience in programming, practices and languages. A fantastic communicator and negotiator with a collaborative attitude that excels in using quantitative data to set direction and influence stake-holders. A self-starting individual who is service oriented, “thinks customer”, and understands the value of teamwork.
A day in the life…
- You will establish and own the vision for one or more specific web/micro service areas
- Ownership of the product/service roadmap for specific web/micro service area
- Propose and evangelize technical capabilities with stakeholders to ensure adoption
- Develop effective schedules and coordinate efforts among workers and vendors
- You will lead and track all aspects of owned technical projects across the organization
- Ownership of the metrics (KPIs) used to define success for your product/program
- Initiate projects and tracking lifecycle from development thru delivery
- Verify and validate deliverables meet project requirements
- Provide initial success monitoring and support for projects
- Identify, scope, and implement solutions to technical issues
- You will ensure Agile and Lean best practices are applied to the development lifecycle
What we are looking for…
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field
- 5+ years of strong technical product and/or project management experience managing platform infrastructure components for web / mobile applications
- Experience working with version control software: github, vscode, gitlab, etc.
- Past experience utilizing a log analytic platform: ELK (Preference), Sumo, Splunk
- Thorough understanding of the Software Engineering Development Lifecycle in a dynamic environment
- Outstanding organizational, communication, interpersonal, relationship building skills; able to work well in a cross-functional, matrix management environment
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with a history of hands-on, detail oriented, involvement in project delivery
- Ability to establish credibility and rapport across the organization with technical and non-technical team members alike
- Must be intimately familiar with SaaS development practices used to build and deploy platform level services and applications
- Demonstrated ability to lead multidisciplinary teams and projects using Agile methodologies and embracing a Lean start-up mentality
Start-up and technical infrastructure growth / management experience.
What is important to us
Creating an enduring company that is hyper-focused on our culture and making a meaningful impact in the lives of our employees, members and customers. The secret to our success is:
We find joy and purpose in serving others
Making a difference in our members’ and customers’ lives is what we do. Even when it’s hard, we do the right thing for the right reasons.
We are strong individually and together, we’re powerful
Trusting in our colleagues and embracing their different backgrounds and experiences enable us to solve tough problems in creative ways, having fun along the way.
We roll up our sleeves and get stuff done
Results motivate us. And we aren't afraid of the hard work or tough decisions needed to get us there.
We’re boldly and relentlessly reinventing healthcare
We're curious and act big -- not afraid to knock down barriers or take calculated risks to change the world, one person at a time.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.