Vice President, Air Product at Expedia Group
The Retail Product & Technology division was formed in May 2020, and is responsible for powering brand, retail, and cross-platform product and technology capabilities that create customer-centric and locally relevant travel experiences across all of Expedia Group consumer brands including Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Vrbo, Orbitz, ebookers, CheapTickets, CarRentals and Wotif. Our lines of business - Air, Transportation and Activities - work to deeply understand the needs of our travelers and the business goals for our partners to find opportunities that create value for both. Retail Product & Technology works in close partnership with other Expedia Group teams to coordinate delivery of our unique value propositions through every touch point in the customer journey.
As VP of Product for Air, you will be defining the future of air travel at Expedia. You will craft a product strategy and roadmap that will drive your creative vision forward and enable people all over the world to go places. You will work in partnership with the technology leadership team to design both customer facing and supplier connectivity products. The customer facing products are customer-centric, create a world-class traveler experience and grow the air business. The supplier connectivity products allow Expedia Group to get comprehensive depth and breadth of Airlines, Fares, Destinations and Deals. You will support your team as they use strategic product thinking, UX Research, high quality product craftsmanship, agile development methodologies and data science / machine learning to create locally relevant offerings for our global consumer base. As a life-long learner, you will inspire your team to continually improve the Air Products for the benefit of our customers.
The position requires working closely with peers across various lines of business and all brands within Expedia Group to build new and improve the air product and experience. As a result, you will need to be a practiced negotiator and a creative problem solver capable of building consensus across a large global organization.
- Key member of the Air Leadership and Transportation Leadership team for Expedia Group, working in closer partnership with Data Science, UX, Analytics, Product, Engineering, Strategy and Supply. Passionate about and an advocate for the whole business across Expedia Group; has a business owner mindset and champions the air business in all aspects.
- Well-respected leader in Product, and acting as a role model for all employees in areas of customer-first thinking, product fundamentals, and technical acumen.
- Grow the air business by creating and communicating the product vision to all stakeholders, and then drive execution to make that vision a reality. Actively monitor key business metrics and adjust product and development team priorities as appropriate to deliver on financial and customer adoption goals.
- Lead global, cross-functional teams to conceive and develop new product concepts, establish development milestones, and run the development, implementation and subsequent rollout; Oversee multiple projects and details without losing site of the ‘big picture’.
- Champion diversity and inclusion across our global workforce, ensuring everyone has equal opportunity to learn and grow at Expedia; actively cultivates a culture of psychological safety and growth mindset.
- 10+ years of successful product management leadership experience in mobile & web-based products; Must be well versed and experienced with consumer technology and/or eCommerce business.
- Proven excellence leading diverse functional and globally dispersed teams in high-impact initiatives that deliver meaningful business results.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, with a strong bias for action; Be self-directed and able to move forward in a somewhat ambiguous environment.
- Curious and highly analytical, adept at using data to uncover hidden customer needs and deeply understand key business drivers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; simplify, clarify and succinctly convey complex information and ideas to individuals at all levels of the organization
- Creative thinker with extraordinary business, strategic, analytical, management and relationship skills.
- Inspiring and approachable as a leader; Create an environment where people realize their full potential.
- Be humble and lead with open, candid relationships; actively seek feedback from individuals across the team.
- Someone who is a "one team" player, transparent and an advocate of sharing data and learnings to create better customer outcomes.
- Inspire peripheral relationships across Expedia Group.
- Passionate about engaging and developing talent; attract, develop, engage and retain intellectually curious individuals with a compelling, unifying vision that steers and motivates
- Natural bar-raiser: curious and passionate, with a desire to continuously learn more, which you use to understand basic business operations and the organizational levers that drive profitable growth
- Bias to action, being familiar with methods and approaches needed to get things done in a collaborative, lean and fast-moving environment
- Respond effectively to complex and ambiguous problems and situations
- Comfortable making recommendations across competing and equally critical business needs
- Motivated by goal achievement and continuous improvement, with the enthusiasm and passion to engage your team and the wider organization
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.