Assurance IQ is a technology company headquartered in Seattle. We were acquired by Prudential (NYSE: PRU) to further the joint mission of improving financial wellness across the world.
Our team of world class software engineers, data scientists, and business professionals work every day to expand our product offerings and the reach of our platform. We simplify the complex world of insurance and financial services into straightforward, valuable solutions to improve people's lives. We start by asking customers a few questions, so our system can learn about their needs; from there, our ground-breaking, proprietary platform takes over and analyzes the thousands of data points that make customers unique. This is how we create custom-tailored plans for each customer; plans built precisely for their needs and budget. Our platform serves as the intersection between customer and seller, technology, and the human touch.
At Assurance, we are innovative, persevering, collaborative, calculated, and authentic, and we're working together to improve the lives of millions!
Assurance aims to solve several key problems to disrupt the industry by changing the way that consumers purchase insurance and financial products:
1. How can we create a streamlined buying experience for complex financial products?
2. How can we create compelling educational content to help consumers understand insurance and financial products to reduce the barriers to entry and expand the market?
3. Can we create a truly omnichannel distribution model to engage a consumer how and when they want?
4. How can we provide the absolute best experience for a sales agent to start, continue, or grow their career in the industry?
5. Can we provide compelling product recommendations to regularly adjust a consumer’s financial and insurance portfolio to optimize against their risk levels and future financial goals?
The VP of Product will be Assurance’s senior product manager and will lead and build the broader product organization from the ground up. We need you to help us solve the key challenges above. You will report into the SVP Data Science.
- Creating, defining, and articulating Assurance’s product vision
- Work with business and technology leaders to deliver on your vision
- Establish performance management standards for the Product team
- Build a professional development program to help PMs grow and understand the business
- Build a community amongst the Product Managers to share knowledge and allow the PMs to connect with their peers
- Develop comprehensive hiring criteria for hiring A Players
- Determine the organizational needs of the Product team, and grow the department as needed to support the business.
- Assess the competitive landscape to keep Assurance products well ahead of the industry.
- You have 10+ years of Product Experience, to include a demonstrated track record of delivering excellence under extreme pressure. Some experience in the insurance or financial industry is nice, but not necessary.
- You have taken ill-defined business problems and translated them into impactful software products with significant business value.
- You have either been in an early-stage start-up or been part of an internal start-up at a larger company and know how to operate in a rapidly growing organization.
- You have managed large teams of at least 20+ people, and know how to identify, attract, and retain talent.
- You can design, build, mentor, and grow an organization of Product Managers who operate across the entire business to drive innovation.
- You have strong analytical skills, are comfortable in SQL, and can build basic dashboards for key metrics. You also understand how to define a key metric.
- You are a world class communicator, capable of concisely transmitting complex information orally and in writing.
- You have a strong technical background and understand basic software architecture and systems design.
- You can see a series of problems, understand how to tie them together into a solution, and build a vision. You can then evangelize that vision across the organization to get buy in.
- You can take a complex vision and turn it into a project with clear timelines and deliverables.
- You are more excited about making an impact than you are about getting the credit.
- You want to work with A players.
Founded in 2016, Assurance experienced exponential growth by investing heavily in technology to change the way consumers buy insurance. We achieved one of the fastest ever multi-billion dollar exits when Prudential acquired us in 2019; which still holds the record for the largest Insurtech acquisition ever. We are now on a journey to extend our influence from just consumer insurance to all consumer financial products. We’re aiming for over $1B in revenue in the next 18 months and have a roadmap for the next 5 years to become the leading distributor of financial products.
We define our culture as:
Efficient Innovators – When faced with tough challenges, we first ask ourselves how this can be done differently than ever before, striving for previously unmet efficiency and outcomes.
Persevering – We aren’t just ambitious, we’re audacious in what we aim to accomplish (as a company, and as individuals), and we challenge anything that stands in our way.
Humble Collaborators – We leave ego at the door and work together to uncover the truth – facts and results are paramount.
Calculated Decision Makers – We aren’t afraid of failure, so long as we learn and are better equipped because of the failure.
Authentic – We operate with integrity in all that we do – our peers and customers are counting on us to do the right thing.
Please review our CCPA policies here.