Vice President of Product at Knock (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:28 a.m. (PST) on Monday, March 14, 2022
We are very happy to announce that we have officially re-opened our Ballard HQ office for voluntary use at 50% capacity! It's excellent to be seeing people in person and have the buzz going again. In order to maintain safety, comfort and flexibility, we currently offer most employees the choice between 3 work locations: HQ-first, Hybrid or Remote; if there are specific location needs, the job description will indicate that below. It is also important to note that we are only able to hire employees who are eligible to work and are based in the US.
We look forward to having you apply to join our team of Knockstars!
This is a unique opportunity to join a fast growing company that is fundamentally changing the way a vertical works. We are looking for an experienced partner to represent the product org on our executive team as VP of Product. You will guide the product team through its next phase of growth, which includes growth of headcount, products, and quality. This person will be responsible for ensuring alignment of business objectives, managing product line managers, developing product org processes, and ensuring rapid development velocity to achieve roadmap goals. The scope of ownership will include product ideation all that way through product release and marketing. This role can be based out of our Seattle HQ, be a hybrid office/work from home, or US-based remote, and report directly to our co-founder/CEO.
The Knock product team is laser focused on delivering exceptional value to our customers. We enable our customers to understand the occupancy dynamics of their portfolio, and then what they should do across marketing, sales, retention, and operations to ensure they maximize their business results. And not only what they should do - but then we allow them to take direct action within our product! Whether it is automating marketing campaigns, streamlining communications through AI and centralized dashboards, or running effective renewal initiatives (half of renters move out!), Knock is the place where our customers get their work done. The product space is very stimulating - we are at the intersection of workflow, communications, consumer services, and advertising. We also have an incredibly valuable data asset, and there are many opportunities for incorporating advanced data science and AI/ML to solve many problems. This position oversees Product Management, Product Operations, Design/UX, and Data Science.
Day to Day
- Oversee and set strategy for: Product Management, UX Design, and Product Operations.
- Own the product, this is a big role and you will be the voice of product.
- Develop and communicate a road map to ensure successful planning and delivery of products.
- Develop a deep understanding of our customers. You love working closely with customers and diving deep into their needs, allowing Knock to be the best advocates we can be.
- Participate in cross functional collaboration to ensure alignment on product priorities: including work with Sales, Success, Marketing, and Engineering teams.
- Manage the P&L.
- Build a great team; you will hire and mentor a team that serves as a key company asset.
- Utilize data to inform priorities and product decisions. From UX research, to market sizing, to product utilization, you are able to effectively answer business questions within a data driven approach.
- Stay connected to competitive markets and industry forecasts.
- Roll up your sleeves! Great leaders know how to give direction and delegate effectively, but in a high stakes environment, you will be expected to get your hands dirty on difficult problems and ensure we always deliver the right solution.
- You have led a product organization independently, and you have a proven track record of directly contributing to revenue growth and product execution.
- You have shipped high quality business-critical B2B SaaS applications.
- Recent experience managing and staying closely connected to Product Managers.
- Proven ability to communicate strategy and vision to multiple stakeholders, including customer base, internal leadership team, and Board of Directors.
- Experience owning product development lifecycle, from roadmap creation to product delivery.
- Proven ability to attract, develop and retain talent: you can scale the org and build the best product team out there!
- Start up experience (nice to have, not required)
Why You'll Love It Here!
- You'll join a category-creating company that has enthusiastic customers, an ambitious roadmap, and industry leading products.
- You are comfortable taking risks and thinking outside the box.
- Being part of a great team with solid infrastructure in place.
- You want an opportunity to win, drive change and be in an environment that will optimize for your success.
- You embrace our set of core values - determination, excellence, trust, and community.
- Flexible work options - choose to be a HQ, Hybrid or Remote employee with various benefits.
- Competitive cash and equity compensation.
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees. Partial family coverage optional.
- Flexible time off & paid holidays.
- Parental leave program.
- 401k with a match program to help you save for the future.
- Learning & Development assistance.
- We like to do fun things together (Virtual for now!) such as conferences, off site retreats, and happy hours.
We started Knock to solve problems we faced ourselves. One of those problems was that the process for renting an apartment hadn’t evolved at the same pace as technology. Our mission was to improve the experience for both apartment renters and managers.
We’ve developed an industry-defining SaaS platform, an intelligent front office platform providing the efficiency and business intelligence tools needed to maximize occupancy, rent growth, and customer happiness at every community. Our customers trust us to deliver the consumer experiences and business applications that are essential to their bottom line. The proof is in our 10x revenue growth over the past two years, in addition to our numerous industry awards.
In February 2021 we raised an additional $20 million in a growth funding round led by Fifth Wall, the largest venture capital firm passionate about the global real estate industry and the clear leader in PropTech investing. This investment, our largest fundraise to date, will be invested directly into further innovation on behalf of the incredible #multifamily industry: http://bit.ly/knock-5thwall
Past investors include Madrona Venture Group, Lead Edge Capital, Seven Peaks Ventures and Second Avenue Partners.
To be successful and recognized at Knock, you should naturally encompass our core values: Determination, Excellence, Trust and Community. We take these behaviors seriously and expect everyone to bring a positive Knockstar demeanor with them to work every day.
At Knock, we have a #oneteam philosophy. A big part of bringing new capabilities to life is to continue to bring in outstanding talent that works together toward a common goal. We’ve been especially fortunate to build an outstanding team that delivers real value to our customers each and every day. We can’t wait to hear from you!
We have been recognized over the past several years across multiple platforms as a best place to work. Most recently these awards have included:
Built In Seattle's 100 Best Places to Work (2021, 2022)
Built In Seattle's 50 Best Midsize Places to Work (2022)
Built In Seattle's 50 Best Small Places to Work (2020, 2021)
Best Places to Work Multifamily® (2021, 2022)
Best Places to Work Multifamily® for Women (2021, 2022)
Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Private Companies (2021)
NAA Best Places to Work - Suppliers (2020)
Knock is committed to crafting a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or other characteristics protected by applicable laws. We welcome all, and encourage all to apply!
Please know that due to the nature of our business and housing potentially sensitive data, a background check is required to join Knock. We will, nonetheless, consider qualified applicants for employment with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with local requirements.
Knock uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
Read Full Job Description