VP - Digital Products Global Platforms at Discovery Digital Media
About Discovery Digital Media
Discovery Digital Media is a well-funded startup within Discovery Inc. We are a dynamic, high-performing global team working at the intersection of Technology and Entertainment. As content creators in the digital space, we continuously leverage our technological capabilities to create immersive viewing experiences for iconic brands, including Eurosport, GOLFTV, MotorTrend and DPlay.
Eurosport produces authentic, premium and innovative content, on linear and digital platforms. It combines expertise, passion and resources to develop high-value programs and offer unrivalled coverage to viewers in 99 countries and 21 languages. Having secured the exclusive European broadcast rights for the Olympics until 2024, there's no better time to join Eurosport on this incredible adventure.
Are you interested in shaping the future of television, sport and Olympics? Do you want to define the next generation of Discovery’s Direct to Consumer (D2C) platform? We need your passion, innovative ideas and hard work to help build a world-class Live and VOD streaming platform to super-serve our super-fans.
The position requires working closely with stakeholders across various lines of business and all brands within Discovery Channel to build and improve the global Direct-to-Consumer platform & front-end product and experience. As a result, you will need to be a practiced negotiator and a creative problem solver, capable of building consensus across a large global organization, as well as bring and cultivate new product capabilities that will cement Discovery and its brand as number one in life and sport entertainment.
You will drive the teams’ priorities ladders up to the broader Discovery Product and Technology Group strategy.
You will coordinate efforts across Discovery to build products that provide differentiated value to customers, partners and suppliers.
Your team will be responsible for building and delivering the roadmap for Multi-tenant streaming services, which includes Streaming, Metadata, Artificial Intelligence, personalized highlights and many more.
1. Re-invent how Discovery brands TV programs are consumed by viewers.
2. Create experiences consumers love by defining products that drive engagement, loyalty and revenue for Discovery brands.
3. Build, develop and lead a team of seasoned product and technology managers
4. Lead cross-functional teams to conceive and develop new product concepts, establish development milestones and manage the development, implementation and go-to-market strategies.
5. Embody a platform mindset to build experiences that offer our customers and partners differentiated value in digital direct-to-consumer
6. Accountable for balancing short and long-term tradeoffs to maximize return on investment
7. Invent and enable new monetization strategies
8. Balance requirements and consumer experience to build best-in-class eCommerce journeys, streaming products, front-end frameworks, marketing tools and much more.
9. Manage multiple projects and details without losing site of the ‘big picture’
10. Be a self-starter and comfortable in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment
11. Creative thinker with exceptional business, strategic, analytical, management and relationship skills
12. As a senior leader of Discovery D2C you will work closely with the CEO of Discovery D2C and other Executives to grow a world-class organization, with an open and collaborative culture that enables its employees to delight viewers and disrupts the industry.
* 10+ years of Product development with tech companies
* Must be well versed building consumer technology and the necessary backend systems.
* Track record of professional experience in the US and Europe
* Proven excellence as leader capable of driving high-impact initiatives that deliver meaningful business results
* Skilled at leading functional and geographically dispersed product and technology teams
* Ability to balance short term deliverables without compromising long term value.
* Bias for action in a fast-paced and dynamic environment,
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, capable of interacting across all levels of the organization, across cultures and geographies.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States