Assurance IQ is a technology company headquartered in Seattle. We were acquired by Prudential (NYSE: PRU) to further the joint mission of improving financial wellness across the world.
Our team of world class software engineers, data scientists, and business professionals work every day to expand our product offerings and the reach of our platform. We simplify the complex world of insurance and financial services into straightforward, valuable solutions to improve people's lives. We start by asking customers a few questions, so our system can learn about their needs; from there, our ground-breaking, proprietary platform takes over and analyzes the thousands of data points that make customers unique. This is how we create custom-tailored plans for each customer; plans built precisely for their needs and budget. Our platform serves as the intersection between customer and seller, technology, and the human touch.
At Assurance, we are innovative, persevering, collaborative, calculated, and authentic, and we're working together to improve the lives of millions!
About the Position
We are seeking a Program Manager to join our Guide program team, focused on building a world class shopper experience. The Guide program sits at the front of the customer journey to help shopper’s improve their personal and financial health.
This position is responsible for leveraging qualitative and quantitative data to develop business processes and build solutions for our users. This entails creating project plans, assessing and solving guide performance issues, and monitoring KPIs for the guide program.
- Creating long- and short-term project plans, including setting targets for milestones, adhering to deadlines, and allocating resources
- Partner with engineering, product, data science and design to build new features and improve performance
- Use data and analytics to discover insights into ways to improve or change the program
- Monitor key performance indicators and business metrics for the guide program
- Resolve a wide range of guide performance issues – leverage data, rules, procedures, and sound judgment to arrive at solutions to guide appeals and inquiries.
- Meet on a bi-weekly cadence with stakeholders to discuss the programs status and goals
- Additional tasks and projects as assigned.
- 2-3 years of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong analytical skills with emphasis on forecasting, as well as complex problem solving, critical thinking, and decision-making skills
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends to meet deadlines
- Previous program management experience
Choose Assurance Because:
· Exceptional base salary plus bonus structure
· Comprehensive benefits which include, medical, dental, vision, 401K and more
· Unlimited paid vacation, sick leave, plus paid holidays.
· Growth opportunities, advance your career rapidly, we offer leadership development training and promote from within.
· Ongoing coaching and career development including individual and group coaching sessions.
· Fast paced, high performance environment.